Prologue

Fuyuki Incident
-- 1994 --

Fuyuki, a vast city sprawling with life, now lay ruined by a raging inferno which engulfed half of it. The endless flames continued to spread without any sign of stoppage. Anything near these flames were turned to piles of rubble and ash.

A once beautiful night sky was bleached red by a strange and powerful explosion which rocked the earth an hour before. Pillars of smoke clouded the sky soon after. Cries for mercy filling the night air, Mothers searching for their lost children, babies wailing in broken cribs, and families seperated yelling out for another.

Whatever had caused the massive incident was unknown, but the thought did not come to a single mind within that hellish landscape.

Dismembered corpses of civilians lay sprawled and strewn across an expansive wasteland of destruction. Blood, rubble and ash, creating a horrific painting.

Despite all of the sorrow and pain which flowed on the night, one man of justice carried onward. Kiritsugu Emiya, the man responsible for the horror which befell Fuyuki.

His legs carring him through the misery, in search of one good deed in all the horror he caused. He searched and searched past burnt down homes, business, and bodies till he came near his one good deed.

A small boy with amber hair lay coughing under heavy rubble. His hand outstretched for any help.

Kiritsugu could hear the wheezing of the boy as it did not take long for the now ex-master to quickly throw the rubble aside like it was nothing.

The amber haired boy was saved from his untimely fate as his hand was being grasped tightly by Kiritsugu oddly wept.

It seem the hero of justice found his good deed.

The figure watching this all from a far away burning building, smoke and ash surrounding them. A tattered and ash covered cloak covering their feminine figure. Her eyes just remaining upon Kiritsugu's actions.

Nearby Kiritsugu but unknown to him, was another child, searching for their family.

The child's face covered in muck and blood. His clothes tattered as he held a very large torn jacket close to himself. Even with all of the immense flames, which surrounded the child, it seem the hidden black blood substance which caused the flames steered clear of the boy without his knowing.

The faraway figure smiling softly as it observed the outcome of yet another Grail War. As even in her anger for Kiritsugu's actions, she found amusement in his pain, the consequence of his actions.

The other boy, not the one Kiritsugu was with would walk and walk for what felt like an eternity in the hell-scape till he collapsed somewhere safe.

A strong yellow light coming from his palm as something would form. A shape of a very distinct object, one that was involved in the War that had just ended yet the child would have no grasp of such a thing.

The cloaked figure nods softly, "This shall be your consequence Emiya Kiritsugu." She slowly vanished away like all of the black smoke on the wind.

....

Fuyuki City
--- 2004 ---

A small clock which rested on a nightsand, showed the current time of 6:30 am. Only a few more moments passed before the clock emitted a loud beep which repeated three times in a row.