My mother was surprised when she saw me downstairs with fresh clothes and makeup on. She was surprised, but at least she was happy. Not that I did any of this for her. I did all of this for me... and Blake.

"I'm glad to see you up," my mother smiled at me, and I forced myself to smile back at her. "Do you want me to make you lunch?"

I shook my head as I plopped down on the couch next to her. "No, thanks."

My mother gave me a look, but she said nothing more. It wasn't like I had stopped eating, I just... hadn't been eating as much as I used to. My appetite was just gone and whenever I did eat something, I felt like I was just going to throw up. It definitely wasn't a pleasant feeling.

Whatever my mother was watching didn't interest me in the slightest. I was starting to regret that I had forced myself out of bed just for this. If I could barely stand this now, how was the rest of the summer going to be?

My mother let out a sigh as she got up off the couch before making her way into the kitchen. She didn't even have to say anything for me to know that she was going to make lunch for herself and my dad, since I had said that I didn't want anything.

I took the remote and began flipping through the channels, almost desperate to find something worth watching. I couldn't even remember the last time I had just sat down to watch TV, and it really bothered me that I couldn't. Had I really dedicated the past two weeks to just doing nothing but feel sorry for myself about what happened with Blake?

When I found that there was nothing on out of the thousands of channels that we had, I threw the remote on the other side of the couch and just sat there. I didn't want to start thinking, because if I did start thinking, I would have thought about Blake and I would get even more depressed than I already was. I had to do something, anything, that got my mind off of him.

I looked down at my phone that I had left on the coffee table the night before. I hadn't even realized that I didn't have it when I went to bed or woke up. That just showed how out of it I really was. Before Blake, I wouldn't go anywhere without my phone, and that included a different room in my own house.

I hated to admit that now I was growing hungry. My mother was probably almost finished with whatever she was cooking, and I didn't know if there would be enough or her, my father, and me. Why hadn't I just told her I wanted whatever she was going to make?

When there was a knock on the door, I was about to shout at my mother to go get it until something told me that I shouldn't. So instead of hollering at her, I pushed myself off the couch and over to the front door.

Without even looking through the peephole to see who it was, I opened the door and was very surprised by who was standing there before me.

"Mr. Solo!" I cried out in surprise, since he was the last person I expected to see on my doorstep, not counting Blake himself. "What... what are you doing here?"

"I just got back from my business trip," he informed me, and I said nothing as I let him continue on with what he had to say. "I haven't gone to see Blake yet, but I didn't exactly want to go alone. So I brought Thomas along with me, and he asked if we could bring you as well..."

Thomas was still taking this just as hard as I thought he would. He still didn't show up for school, and I was glad that his absents from class were excused. If this had happened in the middle of the year, I don't know how the two of us would have passed eleventh grade.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to lunch with Thomas and me before going to see Blake," Mr. Solo offered to me now. "That is, if your parents won't mind."