53

Barcelona, while a beautiful city full of life and culture, was hot in the dead of August.

Jungkook fanned himself with his hand as he scanned the key card to his hotel room. Upon entering, he blasted the air conditioner and carefully set down a paper bag on the desk. He scrimmaged through the drawers to find a pen and sat once he had one in his possession.

He hummed as he pulled a postcard out of the bag, a colorful picture of La Sagrada Familia depicted on the front. Turning the card over, he wrote a short message.

Tae -

I went to the small gelateria you recommended and ordered the chocolate and hazelnut flavor you loved. It was good, but I bet the mint chocolate chip was better.

I got lost walking around the streets and couldn't remember my hotel's name. Somehow I ended up near La Sagrada Familia. It was so incredible, Tae. I don't know how people can create such amazing things. I didn't get to see the inside, but one day we should go there together.

Four weeks down. I hope not many more to go.

- Kookie

Jungkook finished his message and placed the postcard in his suitcase, stacking it behind multiple other ones. There were cards from Toyko and Moscow, Paris and London. He purchased the most touristy postcard he could find from each city the tour took him to, jotting down small notes for Taehyung. Upon his return home, he planned on gifting them to the elder.

A small gift showing Taehyung how much Jungkook thought about him during their weeks apart.

Originally he planned on sending them as he traveled from city to city. Selfishly, however, he wanted to see Taehyung's face when he handed over the postcards. Jungkook wanted to share his stories and plan their own adventures simultaneously. He counted down each and every day until they were reunited.

Except he didn't exactly know when that would be.

Namjoon and Yoongi met constantly with him, providing updates as they received them from Big Hit. Apparently, there was a ton of interest in Jimin, Yeonjun, and himself around the world. Everyone was demanding access to see the performers live. The two producers speculated half a dozen cities could be added, meaning multiple more weeks on the road.

Jungkook loved it.

Jungkook hated it.

As the tour went on, he'd often reveal to Jimin and Jin how much he yearned for Taehyung to be with him. It wasn't fair, he argued, since Jin joined the tour to be with Namjoon and Jimin was slowly testing the waters with Yoongi. If only he could have Taehyung with him, he'd enjoy the experiences that much more.

It was funny how his priorities shifted, how his dreams evolved. Before, the tour would have been more than enough. Performing and doing what he loved would've easily fulfilled him. But now . . .

It meant nothing because he wasn't sharing it all with the one he loved most.

Jungkook tried not to disclose the extent of these sentiments with Taehyung. He didn't want to take this opportunity for granted when it had been unceremoniously ripped away from the elder. There was a need living within Jungkook to make Taehyung proud; he didn't want to let him down.

So he often relied on Jimin and Jin, the two closest people he had with him during the tour. They were overly sweet to him, often giving him reassuring squeezes or special treats. It was a little uncharacteristic of them, but Jungkook appreciated it nonetheless.