CH 27: Too Many Miracles For One Day

Start from the beginning

"Stop calling me that!" My disgruntled mate hisses. 

"Why would I do that? Don't you remember? You used to say my eyes look just like blueberries, but we have the same eyes I'd always tell you, so you must have blueberry eyes to, my little blueberry." He croons sweetly sending a shiver of disgust down my spine. 

"You sick bastard, you killed my mother," Lucy growls heatedly, shaking with pure rage. 

"Now, now, is that any way to speak to your father, young lady?"

"You, Allan, will never be my father, and I will never help you!" She snarls, disowning him in just a few spat words.

"We'll see about that, blueberry, we'll see." He taunts ominously.

My mate lets out a deathly growl, breaking from my grip with a roar and charging at her father. I shift quickly, running at the wolves holding my team hostage. 

'ATTACK!' I roar through the link and the bloodshed begins. 

I lurch for the first rouge, tearing out its throat with my canines. Claws dig into the thick fur on my back pulling a deep growl from my throat, the sound rumbling in the surrounding air as I spin around and sink my own claws into their scruff. The snarls and growls of battle get even louder as our wolves break free from their captors and join the brawl. 

I leap to the side as what appears to be a ball of light hits the ground right where I was previously crouched low to the ground. A snarl echoes as I swirl around looking for the source of the strange occurrence.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I missed." The deranged man chuckles.

Of fucking course, he's a sorcerer. It's been a while since anyone's seen one, they are quite rare but definitely not extinct, yet. I can't believe this bastard is Lucy's father, I hope she won't be too upset when I rip his cold heart from his chest.

With another quick leap, I dodge a second energy blast and charge at the sinister man. I rip up dirt with my jagged claws as I sprint full speed towards the man I am going to rip to shreds. You might have noticed, I haven't really settled on how I'll dispose of him but it won't be pretty and it won't be short. 

The air is completely knocked from my lungs as I hit a brick wall and fly back into a tree. Why the fuck is there a brick wall in the middle of the forest. Shaking my head roughly I stumble back onto my four paws and look for the offensive object. My eyes finally settle on Allan who now has a glowing amber sphere surrounding him as he floats ominously a few feet off the ground. Seriously, a fucking forcefield.

I survey the battlefield looking for lucy to find her, well a tiger, throwing a rogue across the forest like it was an annoying little nat. Taking in the rest of the destroyed site I see very few rogues left and notice that the alpha and beta of the rouge pack are nowhere to be found. They're retreating. 

"Well, I'm done here but don't worry my darling, we'll be back for you, I'll always come for you." My attention is drawn back to Allan just as he disappears into a cloud of amber smoke, leaving empty silence in the clearing.

And now we have a teleporter on our hands, great.

Lucy Pov

The thick silence that has choked us the entire run back files in behind us as we enter the alpha office again. All the extra warriors and other wolves from the team have either gone to the med-bay or dispersed to see their family leaving only the Alpha, Beta and Third mates (yeah Jay met us at the border), along with everything we want to say but haven't. 

"I'm sorry." 

Xavier breaks the suffocating silence with his confusing statement. My brows furrow as my face morphs into a puzzled expression, I think he's reading my half of the script.

"Umm, I think that's supposed to be my line." I tilt my head slightly, surveying his face for any trace of mocking. 

"No, we owe you all an apology." Jake chimes in with a solemn nod.

"We underestimated you and tried to control you all because of our possessive paranoia and you didn't deserve that. We're sorry, it was fucking childish and stupid." I'm stunned into silence by Xavier's sincere apology. 

"Yeah, you guys lead this pack too just because you're girls doesn't make you any less capable of defending it. Thankfully, Jay came to his senses far before us, we really needed you back there and probably wouldn't have made it back without any casualties if he hadn't completely disregarded our orders." Jake finishes. 

Wow, the guys are apologising for being possessive and seem to be actually sincere and genuine about it. This is a fucking miracle. 

"Well, I think you can be forgiven as long as you never fucking do it again. " Jenna hisses the last part of her sentence threateningly. 

"Yeah, the sidelines are not for me." I agree with a sharp glare in Xavier's direction.

"I know and I really am sorry, It won't happen again." Xavier's sincere pleading eyes bore into my soul and I nod in acceptance.

I just can't stay mad at this man, he's got me wrapped around his little finger I swear. 

"Scout's honour." Jake adds raising has hand palm out.

"You were never a scout, dumbass." Jenna chastises fondly as she leans over and kisses him on the cheek. 

"Well then, now that these idiots have got that out of the way, I need a fucking nap." Mia complains, grabbing Jay's arm and hoisting him from the couch. 

"Yeah, we should go get some rest too, we'll reconvene tomorrow morning?" Jake suggests. 

"Mmm, definitely. I'm fucking exhausted too, all the emotional trauma is not good for my energy levels." I agree, already heading for the door. 

"That's settled then." Xavier concludes, following me out the office door. 

We walk down the halls to our bedroom in comfortable silence, the contradicting thoughts swirling through my head keeping me from starting a conversation. I just can't believe he's alive. After all these years, my dad's not really dead, although it's more of a curse than a miracle I'll admit it. 

As soon as we enter our bedroom I collapse in the middle of our bed, sighing heavily into the covers. My life was really overcomplicated enough without this new shit just heaped on top. 

" You okay, Luc?" Xavier asks softly, dropping down next to me and resting a comforting hand on my back. 

"Honestly? I have no clue anymore." I groan frustrated. 

"That's ok, we'll figure all of this out together, it's what this whole mate thing was made for."

"Oh really? When the moon goddess or whatever was designing mates she had a mysterious animal shapeshifter who just found out her not so human father is not so dead and a possessive alpha who kidnapped her and is in the middle of a war in mind, seriously?" I mock doubtfully, giggling quietly into the bed covers.

"I don't know, I wasn't there, were you?"

"Well, no, I guess not."

"Well then how do you know this wasn't the exact scenario she had in mind?"

"You're an idiot, I love you."

"I love you too, my little nonbeliever." 

"Shut up!"

-

A/N Ooo isn't this fun and exciting. The story really is starting to wrap up now so get ready folks imma need tissues, there will be ugly, ugly tears. Thanks for reading Mischief Makers, feel free to vote, comment and share this with whoever. Tūria!

By Mysterious_Mischief