40. Off Colours/ Lars's Head

After escaping in Blue Diamond's palanquin, Steven and Lars crash-landed in the dark caverns down below. The two of them slowly emerge from the broken wreckage of the palanquin.

"Lars! Are you okay?" Steven asks worried.

"Thanks to your bubble." Lars groans. "My bones are only a little broken."

Steven chuckles. "My bones too." He holds out his hand.

Lars grabs Steven's hand and gets up. "Dude, those giant ladies were furious with you!"

"They're the Diamonds. They've been after my mom for 6,000 years, and now they're after me! and I guess Y/n too... Come on, we gotta move."

Steven and Lars get out from the broken palanquin and begin running into the dark and desolate underground of Homeworld.

"How are we supposed to get off this planet? Do you even know where you're going?" Lars asks Steven.

"No, this is my first time here too." Steven says.

"Oh, this is so messed up. What are we gonna eat?" Lars asks looking around.

"There's tons of food if you like rocks for dinner." Steven says but then hears a strange noise.

"Salt is a rock, right? Maybe we could season some dirt and make a meal." Lars says.

"Wait!"Steven cups his ears to listen out for the noise again, when Lars' stomach starts grumbling.

"Ughhh, sorry." Lars says.

Just then, a Shattering Robonoid comes in behind Steven and Lars.

"Aghh!" They both cry.

"They found us! Run!"Steven shouts.

"Wait! If we stand perfectly still it won't see us. I saw it in a movie once!" Lars says.

The Robonoid beams a red light at Steven and Lars and begins scanning them both, when it detects Steven's gemstone underneath his shirt.

"That sounds good." Lars tires to say positively.

The Robonoid then begins charging an energy beam.

"We should probably move!" Steven shouts.

Steven quickly pushes Lars out of the way when the Robonoid fires its energy beam, causing a head of a Gem statue behind them to explode.

"I think that movie... was about dinosaurs." Lars says.

After missing, the Robonoid quickly turns its attention onto Steven again.

"Lars, come on!" Steven cries.

"Woah!!" Lars says as Steven drags Lars along, and they both run around a corner, while the Robonoid gives chase and scans its surrounding.

"What are we gonna do!? What's gonna happen!?" Lars starts to panic.

"We're gonna run, and we're gonna be okay!" Steven says.

 "No!"

Steven and Lars stop running and seek refuge underneath a Gem structure.

"You just don't get it. I hate being scared all the time! I was scared of everything except baking. Actually, I was scared of that too. I never even tried baking baklava because it looked so hard! I never had the guts to stick up for anybody. Not even me! And now I'm hiding again like a big, cowardly loser under some... space building!" Lars says upset.