25. Back To The Moon

The movie chapter has had its overall draft completed at 18,000 words and nearly 2 chapters of future have now been completed :) We are also now in the process of slowly adding drawings of Y/n and characters into past chapters so be on the lookout for those over the next few weeks :) 

Y/n, Steven, Amethyst and Peridot return back to the barn to find the five Rubies, trapped in water bubbles by Lapis, and their Roaming Eye parked nearby. Garnet and Pearl are also in the scene.

"The Rubies are back?!" Steven asks.

"They showed up on their little ship acting very angry. So I put them in time-out." Lapis says.

"I thought we were done with these guys!" Steven says as he walks up to the Rubies. "Why did you come back here?" He asks.

"Why don't we release one and ask what they're up to." Y/n says.

"Ooh, ooh! Can I pick?" Steven asks.

"Go for it." Garnet says agreeing with Y/n's plan.

Steven walks closer and scans through the Rubies.

"Hmm... Oh! Let's talk to Leggy!" Steven says.

"Leggy?" Pearl asks.

"I named them based on the placement of their gems. There's Leggy, Army, Navy, Eyeball, and, uh... Doc. Leggy seems like the easiest to talk to." Steven explains.

"Hmm. Well it certainly makes it easier to know who you are referring to." Y/n says.

 "Leggy, come on down!" Lapis says and she pops the water bubble trapping Leggy, and she falls onto the ground.

"Hey! Hi, I'm Steven. What brings you back to Earth?" Steven asks.

"Uh... " Leggy sits up. "I... don't... know?" She shrugs.

"Oh, uh, I understand. I used to forget why we go on missions all the time." Steven says.

"I'll just go stand over here then." Leggy says and she walks over to stand by the fence.

"Let's take a chance on Army." Steven suggests.

Army's bubble pops and she falls to the ground.

"Good afternoon!-"

"RAAH!" Army cries in rage as she charges toward Steven. "I'll tear you limb- Huh?"

She finds she is stopped on the spot by Y/n who's hand is pointed at her and has changed back to his original black colour. "Garnet if you would?" Y/n asks.

Garnet picks Army up by the back of her tunic. "Hey! Don't be like that." She says and Y/n lowers his hand the disguise covering his hand again. 

"Why I oughta razzle-frazzle your-" Army flails about while mumbling angrily in Garnet's grasp.

"Aww." Garnet says and tucks Army under her arm.

"Hey, what the-" Army complains as she continues to flails her legs and continues mumbling angrily*

"Next!" Garnet calls out.

"Ehh... Navy?" Steven says.

Navy is then freed from her water bubble.

"If I remember correctly, we were on Earth-" She pauses and sees the Gems staring at her, causing her to blush and look away. "Uh... hah! This is so embarrassing!" She covers her face. "Oh-ho-"  She looks back at the Gems. "Aah! "She then runs away and cowers next to Leggy.