Broken

*Picture of Tyler Posey as Jason Drew⬆

Chapter 13 

Cassidy's POV:

I wake up to my head throbbing slowly making an attempt to move my head side to side. I open my eyes only to shut them back from the sharp ray of sunlight shining through my broken blinds. I groan as I feel my sore body screaming in agony and pain, knowing this sensation it was going to take a while for it to heal or at least try to. 

I sigh, rolling ever so slowly to my stomach hissing at the movement as I place my arms in a push up position to get up, but as soon as I tried to push myself off the ground it was almost as if gravity was against my favor as I dropped back on the ground. I could feel how weak my arms were, hell I was practically skin and bones. I shake my head and give it another go, succeeding this time and getting up before I fall back down. 

I leaned back to support myself against the wall as I gain enough balance and strength to get ready for the day. I slowly make my way towards the bathroom, I shut the door and turn to the mirror and see how gross I looked. I turn on the water and proceed to get undressed, not even hesitating to step inside not caring that the water is practically ice cold. I wince as I begin to rinse my whole body the best I can, watching as all the dried up blood goes down the drain.

Finishing up showering and getting dressed in my usual clothes, I make my way down the stairs. Reaching the bottom of the stairs I realize one thing. The house is quiet... A little too quiet if you ask me. So I walk towards the window and open the curtain slightly to see no car in the drive way. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. I move in the direction of the kitchen get the trash and go to the backyard to throw away, only to notice that the garage is empty as well... 

Practically rushing back inside I get my granola bar and apple, grabbing my backpack on my way out of the house. There's no way in hell I'm taking this chance for granted. I start getting into my head I didn't realize I had reached the end of the street, but I couldn't stop... I didn't want to... I suffered enough I don't want to keep remembering it. I want it to go away. Why can't it just leave me alone. I wish I could just-

All of the sudden I hear a loud horn, I drastically stopped where I notice I was in the middle of the street. I feel paralyzed, almost like my feet are glued on the ground. The car is still approaching and it keeps honking, but I can't move. Just when it's about to hit me, I feel someone yank me out of the trance I was in. 

We end up falling backwards, but I didn't feel anything. I slowly open my eyes and look up to see dark brown eyes starring back at my hazel eyes. I can feel my face heat up right away, especially realizing the position we were in. I immediately get off of him and stand there so awkwardly, not knowing what to do. I stare down at my feet and begin to fidget with my fingers. 

"Are you okay?" The guy asks. All I do is simply nod my head, but I don't dare to look up at him. I bet he thinks I'm pathetic of the way I'm acting and not responding. Next thing I know I see a pair of converse standing right in front of mine. I begin to step backwards to put some space in between both of us, so the tension won't be so horrible. Before I could move any further, I feel a hand grab my arm making me come to a complete stop.

"What's your name?" He asks. I don't say anything. I can hear him sigh a little and shuffle around a bit. "I'm Jason." He finally said. I tensed up a little and I start to think, "Why does that name sound so familiar?"

"So uh, do you live around here? Maybe I could help you get home?" He asked but I just shook my head. I know I may be seem rude, but I don't really talk to strangers. Well in general I just don't talk and I know he feels awkward because he looks very uncomfortable by moving around a lot. Considerably he did save my life, but I bet he's thinking of a way to escape this situation.