Chapter 22

"Stop looking at me like that," I said trying to avoid Bens gaze.
(Major Derek and Meredith vibes)

"I can't help it," Ben said laughing as he pulled me closer. "You just captivate me."

"Ben, we are literally trying to train right now and you are distracting me. It's disturbing."

"You didn't mind me staring at you last night," Ben said smirking. Dropping his lightsaber he pulled me closer, pressing my body against his.

"Stop," I said trying not to slap him. Ben looked down at the floor and looked back up at me. "Stop with the puppy eyes."

"I can't help it. I want to love you but I can't love someone who doesn't want to be loved. You haven't been the same since the supply run."

"Ben-"

"You can't just lead me on like this. We are engaged, Rey. You were on board with this up until we had sex. Since then you have done nothing but ignore me and just shy away when I try to love you."

"Ben I have been really busy," I said reaching for his hand.

Ben sighed as I grabbed his hand. "I know. I'm sorry that I'm pressuring you but I'm just a man, Rey. I just want to be loved."

"And you will get all the love you want," I said smiling.

"But when? It's been a month since we did it and you are ignoring me when I try to love you. Hell you even refused to sit next to me at dinner last night."

"Kylo there is a reason-"

"What did you just call me," Ben said looking at me. His expression changed instantly. From what was a sweet man who wanted love turned a monster.

"You still see me as a monster."

"Ben, I don't."

"Don't lie to me, scavenger. I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING. I SHOWED YOU MY TRUE SIDE AND I EVEN SAVED YOUR LIFE AND YOU STILL SEE ME AS KYLO REN."

"Ben," I said trying not to cry.

"Don't call me Ben," Ben said walking out of the training room.

"BEN DON'T LEAVE ME," I said crying as I tried to follow him.

"I don't know what to say to you right now. Just leave me alone for a while," Ben said turning towards me. "Go get some sleep, you look sleep deprived," he said sharply. Turning around, he walked out.

- - -
(Three weeks earlier)

"Rey, we're going to get through this."

  "But what if it comes back positive? We aren't prepared to have kids right now."

"I don't know," Ben said kissing my forehead. "At least we will have a beautiful baby, just like you."

I giggled. "I can't believe we forgot protection."

"Eh, people do crazy things when they are in love."

I was about to talk before the med droid entered the room.

"You aren't pregnant."

- - -
(Two weeks earlier)

"How do I tell him?" I said crying into the sackcloth sheets on my bed."

"Just tell him, he'll understand."

"But he was so disappointed when he found out," I said crying into Maz's shoulder.

"Wouldn't that make him happy then?"

"We are about to fight the First Order," Maz. "He needs to focus on that so we can win."

"Rey, he should know."

"How do I tell him that I'm pregnant with his child and that it's sick?"