Chapter 18

WAIT IS THIS A CHAPTER UPDATE? I'M NOT DEAD? oh nvm, I am after TROS :)
anyways just read the chapter while I cry in a corner and sorry for the long wait

(Bens POV:)

I smiled which is pretty rare. We fought off Mandalorians and barley made it out alive. We were back on Ach-To, away from all drama. The Resistance was a dying cause and the only big threat now was the First Order. It wasn't a big deal anyway. Hux was too busy trying to build a bigger laser than worry about the Grey Order.

Rey was asleep in my arms, breathing ever so softly. She trained all day with Ace and Natal which completely wore her out. Rey was a good teacher and everyone loved her. She was their hero after all.

"Master Ren? Maz wants to see you," I heard a voice say.

I turned around to see Cason and Kota at the entrance of the hut. The two boys have grown quite a bit. Still, they were very immature.

"Give me ten minutes and I'll meet you there," I said nudging Rey to get up. As the two boys left, Rey started to get up. She gave me an angry glare and slapped me across the face.

"WHAT IN THE FORCE WAS THAT FOR?"

"For waking me up," she said bitterly.

I rolled my eyes and kissed her forehead. "Good afternoon, sunshine. I have to go meet with Maz but I'll see you later."

"I'm coming with you," Rey said getting up. Throwing a pillow at me she went into the refresher. I rolled my eyes and started to grab my things. Since the fleet hung above Ach-To and Maz never left the main ship, Rey and I had to fly up there.

"Race you to the Falcon," Rey said laughing as she made a mad dash from the refresher to the Falcon.

Shaking my head I ran out following her. She could try, but I was smarter and used the force to hold her in place. Rey gave me a look of anger and I smirked.

"Angel, you can try. But, I'm the faster one here," I said kissing her before unfreezing her and dashing towards the Falcon. Rey came in second of course. I'm naturally better at races than her.

Chewie, even though offered his own quarters on one of the ships in the fleet, preferred to stay on the Falcon. I suspect it's because he misses my father but I'm the one who killed him and Chewie got sad when Han was mentioned. Chewie started up the Falcon and Rey and I buckled in.

"So what does Maz want?"

"I don't know, Cason and Kota told me she wanted to see me. Chances are it's nothing serious," I said squeezing her hand. Rey nodded and played with the ring on her finger.

"Looks good on you," I said stroking her hair.

"Yeah, my boyfriend got it for me," Rey said laughing. She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"We should tell people," I said kissing her hand.

- - -
(Three weeks before:)
"REY, CAN YOU HEAR ME? Rey, answer me," I cried into her neck. We managed to escape narrowly from the Mandalorians but as soon as Rey boarded the Falcon, she fell unconscious. Chewie started an IV and was doing all of this to help her and I was just here crying. Being vulnerable.

"So sad, poor Rey is dying. And what are you doing? Nothing. She doesn't deserve you, Ren. No one does. No one should ever deserve you. You were destined to be alone, forever."

"Get out of my head, Snoke."

Chewie began to look alarmed and reached out to touch me but I jerked away. "I want to be alone with Rey, please"

Chewie nodded and left. Kissing Rey softly on her forehead, I began to clean some of her wounds. They were nasty and deep. She clearly took beatings. I only wanted to protect her, and this is how I did it? By shooting the ship she was on?

"It wasn't your fault, Benny. You didn't know," Rey said smiling at me.

"You're awake," I said grabbing her hand.

"You had no idea. You couldn't have know. We will deal with Snoke together. He is dead but you still have his voice in your head." Rey began to stroke my hair, smiling. "You will be okay, Ben. You are safe here."

"Marry me."

"What?"

"Kriff Rey, I almost lost you twice this week. A part of me died when you collapsed today and I could barely breathe or move when you weren't on the Falcon after the explosion. I can't lose you because losing you is like suffocating on air. I want to wake up everyday next to you and to make you smile everyday, Rey. I know you could do better, much better. You don't have to deal with all of my baggage but Rey, I want you to be mine, to raise my children. I want to worship you for the rest of my life and love you with all my heart. So what I am asking you is, will you make me the happiest man this galaxy has ever seen and marry me?"

"Yes."