He bent down to untie his shoes.

"Off the roo-" *BOOM*

Izukus eyes turned towards the sound at the opposite side of the building. Whether out of instinct or habit, he quickly ran to the source. Izuku's heart stopped when he saw Kacchan stuck in the slime being's grasps. He gagged remembering that suffocation.

How did this happen?

Izuku remembered hanging off All Might in the air.

IT'S MY FAULT!

He couldn't help feeling as though the blonde deserved this but when red eyes met green, Izukus body moved on its own.
Why am I doing this?
He swung his bag.
He made my life hell!
The villain let go.
Why can't I stop!?
He clawed at the slimy texture.

"DEKU!? What the hell are you doing?"
With watery eyes and a broken voice, Izuku looked at his tormentor.

"You looked like you needed help."

All Might stepped in and saved Izuku for the second time that day and saved Kacchan too. Izuku couldn't bring himself to look at the Number 1 hero that he so adored, that crushed his dreams.

While Katsuki Bakugou got praised for his powerful quirk and bravery, the only child, the quirkless nobody, the only one who had the guts to step forward, Izuku Midoriya got promptly chewed out.

Shut up...

_____________________________________________

Izuku was, slowly, walking down his street after the villain fight. Kacchan had come to give his peace.

"I never asked for your help, Nerd! Don't think I'd ever be indebted to a useless Deku like you!"

Nice.

Izuku was so, so drained. How could everything go so wrong in the spand of just 24 hours? He wanted to cry.

"YOUNG MIDORIYA!" Izuku practically jumped out of his skin when the muscle form of All Might bolted out from behind the corner ahead.
"I-" he deflated.
Uhhh... then spit out blood.
"Ahhh! All Might!!!"
The man in question held up his hand, "I am quite alright, Shounen. I have been looking for you!"

"F-for me?" Izuku tilted his head confused.

"Yes! Young man, I've come to thank you and to apologize! If it weren't for you, I would have not had been spurred into action and been able to save that boy. Shounen, the best heroes always have stories of how they started."

Izukus breathing was growing ragged and his eyes started to water.

"Their bodies moved before their minds."

Izukus knees hit the pavement as he clutches his chest.

"This happened to you, am I right? Young Midoriya," All Might extended a hand forward, "you CAN become a hero!"

Izukus tears fell freely.

"I deem you worthy of my power. Izuku Midoriya, inherit my quirk!"

He choked. What? Izuku lifted his head confused.

"My quirk, One For All, has been passed on from generation to generation like a sacred torch, each holder cultivating its power more through each use. Only those with the pure hearts of a hero wield One For All! Will you accept?"

Oh, thought Izuku as he lowered his head again, I get it now. I can become a hero but I still need a quirk. I can't be a hero a just me, huh?

"No." His voice was measured and cold.

"What?" All Mights faced showed nothing but confusion. Izuku lifted his head and the blonde was shocked to meet the stone eyes with his own blue.

"I should have known," chuckled Izuku. "Actually, I've known all along, I've just been in denial. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! Every harsh reminder, every cut, every burn, every laugh," Izuku began one of his signature rants, built on escalating anger. "All the junk I've gone through! This world just hates me, doesn't it? That's the only explanation for why I've had such a jacked-up life!"
He got to his feet and pointed an accusatory figure at All Might.

"And YOU!" Izuku was yelling at this point. "YOU, Number One hero, the great All Might! YOU took all my hopes, dreams, and aspirations and threw them out like TRASH!"

All Might took a step forward, hands in front of his in a gesture to try to placate the angered Midoriya. "Calm down, Young Mido-"

"Don't you DARE call me that like we're close! Calm down? Calm down!?"
He stomped forward. "I will not calm down."

Izuku reached forward and took All Mights collar in his grasp, pulling the lanky man to eye level.
"Screw quirks. Screw you. And screw this world."

Izuku pushed the man away and walked passed him. He stopped and looked over his shoulder at the shocked form of All Might.
"Deku. Remember that name, Jerk."
Izuku walked off.

________________________________________

Yagi Toshinori looked after Young Midoriya. Shock and intimidation still fresh in his system. Yagi's frail body hit the floor.
"What have I done?"