Chapter 23-Should have listened

A/n: don't really have much to say except that I hope you guys enjoy these last few chapters!! P.s. I made this chapter a bit longer than normal.......hope you enjoy 😊 

-10 days later-

—Your POV—

It was around 6 in the morning and you were in the kitchen scrubbing the stove. You didn't want to be up. You were exhausted. And yet your brain wouldn't let you sleep. So  you decided that if you were up, you might as well be doing something useful. You had snuck out of Loki's arms, thrown on a loose shirt and some sweats and had scrubbed and scrubbed mindlessly for an hour already. You were sure that if you kept scrubbing, the color would start to chip off of the stove. Finally you stoped and wiped the soap suds off. You could almost see your reflection in it now. You laughed to yourself as you moved on to the counter tops. 

You had been like this almost all week and you had no idea what was wrong with you. You weren't worried about anything now that Loki knew you were pregnant. And he had taken it so well. You smiled at the memory of him excitedly telling everyone you were pregnant. And you had healed your relationship with Heimdal. Both agreeing that you two would spend whatever time left together in happiness. You had nothing to worry about. Nothing that should be keeping you up at night. And yet...there was still this dull feeling. It was like there was a pit of hidden worry and stress somewhere inside you, slowly climbing it's way to the surface. You tried to think of a reason you had this feeling. 'Maybe it's because I'm dreading the fact that heimdal is leaving any day now.  Maybe I'm just worried about the pregnancy going well. Maybe it's the pregnancy that's doing this to me. Maybe..,' You started to wash the dishes, still thinking of the reasons. You were so deep in your thoughts, you hadn't even noticed when Loki came into the kitchen and stood watching you clean, leaning slightly against the wall, his arms loosely folded across his chest. 

"You should be sleeping." He said, a soft smile on his face. You jumped slightly at the sudden sound of his voice and accidentally cut your palm with the knife you had been washing. You winced in pain, bringing your hand out of the dirty soap water and putting a rag to the cut to stop the bleeding.  Loki quickly walked over to you and gently grabbed your hand to inspect the damage. "I'm sorry love. I didn't mean to startle you." He pressed his palm against your injured one  and muttered some words. When he lifted his hand  your wound was gone and only a small throbbing feeling remained. 

"It's okay. Thank you." You pecked him on the cheek and went back to washing dishes. Loki sighed and you felt his arms wrap around your waist from behind. He rested his head on your shoulder and pecked your cheek. 

"What's wrong darling?" He said softly in your ear "This is the fourth time this week you've woken up early like this. You're hardly getting any sleep. It's not very good for the baby."

You sighed and scrubbed this next plate with extra vigor "I know. I know it's not good for the baby. I know I should be sleeping more. I know I should but I can't." You didn't realize how much frustration you had in you and the plate you were scrubbing broke.

"You didn't cut yourself again, did you love?" Loki asked, worry and amusement mixing in his voice.

 "I'm okay." You sighed getting a little frustrated and threw the plate in the trash. You started washing the next dirty plate and continued. "I don't know why. I just can't sleep. I try and I try to make myself sleep. I try to force my eyes to stay shut hoping that maybe I can sleep a little bit but I can't." You growled in frustration when the plate you were scrubbing broke. You practically chucked it in the trash and started to wash the next dish with more frustration now. Loki gently grabbed your hands, forcing you to stop.