Chapter 14 ~ Truth & A Lie

~~~~Your POV~~~

As Loki is stroking your hair a thought creeps in the back of your mind. 'Ask him. Ask him about your vision.' Your conscience tells you. 'N-not now,' you think 'I-I have to check with Heimdal first, to make sure it is a memory and not just a silly nightmare. It probably is...Loki wouldn't do that to me...' You try your hardest to brush off the thought. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that what you saw never happened...You had this horrible feeling in your gut....that you were wrong.

"Darling?" Loki's voice snaps you out of your thoughts.

"Yes?" You reply

"There is something I would like to tell you. Something that bothers me." He said "I understand that lately it has been hard for you to talk to me about your thoughts and feelings but now that we've worked everything out I was wondering...if you could talk to me when somethings bothering you. I understand that sometimes I am not..say, the best person to talk to, but it would mean a great deal to me if you would come to me when there is something that bothers you, instead of talking to others about our problems and leaving me in the dark."

"I understand." you said. There was silence for a few minutes before Loki spoke again

"Is there something you'd like to tell me?" he asked

You were silent for a few moments before answering. 'TELL HIM'  Your conscience told you. "No." You said. 'Liar'   "What makes you say that?"

"Just had a feeling."

"Hmm, well, I guess there is something," You said

"And what is that?"

"You remember Nathan?"

"Yes..." Loki said

"Well, he asked me on a date."

"He what?!?!" Loki said surprised

"Relax, relax. I said no, don't worry."

"It's not you I'm worried about, it's him. How dare he ask a married woman out on a date."

"He didn't know I was married Loki. When I told him he apologized and backed off." You laughed against Loki's chest.

"He better have." Loki said. You laughed again and there was a knock at the door.

"Shove off!" Loki replied. The knocking continued. "I said shove off!"

"Umm, Loki?" you said as the knocking continued

"Yes darling," Loki said

"They can't hear us, remember the spell?"

"Oh right." Loki reluctantly let go of you and opened the door.

"Heimdal!" You exclaimed. You ran toward him and hugged him, pushing Loki to the side in the process.

"Oi! Excuse you!" Loki joked

"Oops, sorry." You turned to Heimdal and talked to him "I have so much to tell you. I feel like I haven't seen you in a decade."

"It's only been a year my dear." Heimdal replied "But it does feel like a long time. I've missed you too. How is the married couple?"

"Ah, about that,You see, umm.....Were doing fine, I guess." You turned to Loki "Does he know?" you asked.

"I don't believe so." Loki said,

"Oh boy," you said "Have I got a story to tell you. Let's talk about it over dinner, yeah?"

"If you want dear. However, I'd like to speak to Loki for a moment, Alone." Heimdal replied