Chapter 22~ The best gift

A/n: heyyooo so I noticed a lot of the past chapters have been pretty depressing. While I am in an emotional hole right now, dwelling in it is not good. So to help me climb out of this emotion pit, I am going to make this chapter almost like a fluff. Hope y'all enjoy this nice change of pace with me!

—Your POV—

Everyone's finished dinner and are now in the living room laughing and drinking. Tony, pepper, Steve, and Heimdal were talking by the bar area, Peter and Clint were in an intense game of ping pong, Bruce, Thor and Natasha were chatting by the widows, and You and Loki were sitting on the sofa each with a small glass in hand. While Loki kept getting refills, you barely took a small sip. 

"Is something wrong, love?" Loki asked quietly in your ear

"No." You said, trying your best to sound light and happy "why do you ask?"

"You've hardly taken a drink." He said. Although you were sitting on his laps, he still had to raise his voice slightly for you to hear him over Thor's booming laughter.

"I'm okay." You said again, trying to think of an excuse "it's just that...my stomach is a bit upset, I must've eaten to much. So I don't really want a drink right now." You smiled and looked at him, hoping that was a believable lie. Loki eyed you suspiciously but then brushed it off.

"Okay love," he said, pecking you on the cheek. Just then something Thor said caught his attention. You decided to take this opportunity to sneak away while he was distracted.

"I have to got to the restroom. " You said standing up "I'll be right back." You looked over to Nat as you were passing by and she somehow understood that it was time to tell everyone. She walked with you to her room. While she grabbed all the small white gift bags for everyone else, you grabbed the one big, green bag for Loki. as you too walked back to the living room you could feel your nerves rising. "I hope everything goes okay." You whispered to yourself 

"It will" Nat whispered.

You sighed and walked into the living room with Nat. "Friday?" You said loudly causing  everybody to look at you two. 

"Yes ma'am?" The AI responded

"Can you start recording this room please?"

"Certainly ma'am. From what angle?"

"Hmm. All of them if you can." 

"Yes ma'am"

 "Okay guys, so I have a little surprise for you all." you said to break the awkward silence of everyone watching you.

"SQUISHY GOT US PRESENTS!!" Tony yelled. Everyone chuckled at his normal obnoxiousness. 

"Yes Tony I did" you laughed "okay we're going to give you all your presents now but you guys can't open them until Loki opens his first! Okay?" 

"I make nooo promises" tony said. You gave him a look and he seemed to get the gist and nodded. 

Natasha and you passed out the small gift bags to everyone. As you were going to give Loki his gift, you saw Peter trying to peak into his bag. "Peter Parker! Don't you dare! I am not afraid to call aunt May!" You yelled playfully. He immediately straightened up and laughed

"Sorry," he laughed as you handed Loki his bag and walked back to the center of the room. Loki gave you a confused look 

"Just open it." You said smiling. He opened his bag and pulled out....another bag but smaller. Then another, then another, then another it went on like this for at least ten bags. Then he pulled out a box that had zipties all around it. Everyone laughed.