"Ms Carter meet my brother Sam." Ohh no, why does fate put me up with the worst people in history and when I put them back into their place I'm the bitch. Like how does that work.

Sam Scott was your typical player, no sense of direction in life. Life as bad as it could get loaded him up with money and fame. He basked in people's attention, and hogged the limelight. I just had to keep myself from punching his annoying face. I smiled towards him, to notice the pervert was staring at my legs. Idiot, no use talking to him anymore.

"Where have you been all my life?" Sam tried an awful pick-up line. Did he seriously think this would work on me.

"I've been right here, running my company" I countered. Fiesty I like I heard Sam say.

Christopher and Luke were glaring at him, as though wishing nothing more than to put a hole in his head. Luke I understood his proctectivness over me, but his son Christopher why ?
Why did he care to glare at Sam?

John was oblivious to the rising tension, he should continue talking if he wants his brother in one piece. More than one person in willing to beat the lunatic up.

Sam casually wrapped his arms around my waist, his hands dangerously close to my lower back. Can I just kill him? It's not like anyone will miss him.

His brother would miss him. My subconscious mocked.

I smiled sweetly and stomped my heel directly on his shoe. I mentally did a happy dance for wearing pumps. Heels hurt more. Sam yelped in pain, taking his hands off me and rubbing the sole of his feet. I almost missed the proud look of Luke and relieved expression of Christopher. Why would he be relieved?

"Ohh I'm awfully sorry" I told him pouting a little and spotting an innocent expression that fooled no one. "We should always see where we put our hands and legs."

Even though Sam understood the hidden meaning of my words, he gave me a tight lipped smile. Ha take that you deranged monkey, never mess with a girl who has high heels.

"Since, this is the first time I'm working with you. I'd like it if you and Luke do this together." John asked rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Of course, ready to work with me again Luke" I asked him eyebrows raised a small smile tugging at the corner of my lips.

"Ohh no, I think Gwen and Chris can handle this together" Luke answered. I looked into Chris's gray eyes, it made my insides fuzzy. Him and me together not a good idea. Like at all.

"Ready to show the old men, how things are done" I joked at Chris giving Luke the stink eye.

"Let's show the old man" Chris agreed with me. His deep voice made me want to hide in a corner, a shiver ran down my spine. Thankfully no one noticed it.

"So I'll send the papers, can you discuss the terms tommorow" John asked rising to his feet.

"Sure" I replied just as Luke walked him out. Now it was me Chris and the pig. Gah will Chris hold his hands back if I want to punch him. Like it's a noble thing to do.

"You know Gwen, I have a lot of influence, I can get you to places you have never been. If we can meet for dinner, and then probably a little something, you can have me completely" Sam purred in what he thought was a seductive voice. You call that seductive it sounds like a dying pig. Who gave him permission to call me Gwen. Only people I like and know call me that.

A murderous expression crossed Chris face, he balled up his fists ready to throw in a punch or two. Normally I would love to watch the show, but punching the idiot would lead to consequences for both of us. Men always draw blood and fists, there are other ways to tackle situations. I put my hand over his balled up fist. He looked at me questioningly as though I denied him the right to defend my honor.

"I don't like used things Sam. Your reputation of being a man wh*re clearly states that you have been used far more times than the tissue paper in my bag, so let's not have wishful thinking."

Sam looked up, if he had a brain which I doubt he had, he would understand the meaning of my insult. See that's the way you do it. Sarcasm was the best thing in the world I tell you.

"Goodbye Sam" I took Chris hand and led him out of the cabin leaving him look like a fish out of water.

****

"So let's meet tommorow to discuss the deal?" Chris questioned rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sure, if that's okay with you." I replied.

"Okay then, umm bye." He said not looking into my eyes.

"Bye" I said, still he made no move to leave, confusion etched into my face. I didn't want to let him go, why ? What's wrong with me?

When was something right with you, my subconscious again. I'm telling you me and my subconscious are gonna have a talk.

"Umm could you, please let go." Chris asked awkwardly. I didn't know what he meant, I was still holding his hand. Heat crawled up my neck, ohh gosh this is so embarrassing. I immediately let go of his hand. Chris looked amused, of course he looked happy. Billionaire Gwen Carter made a fool of herself.

It's not the first time. Yet again folks mocks my subconscious.

"See you tomorrow" Chris muttered and went towards the exit.