8

Six days and Jimin still isn't at that same counter, selling candy with a bright smile on his face. Six days. It's been two days since Yoongi saw Jimin and could tell that he was still even alive at this point.

What the fuck?

The smallest, stupidest things went through Yoongi's mind ever since he last saw him.

What if he's selling the store? What if he has a boyfriend that Yoongi didn't know about, and that's why he didn't open the door all the way when he first saw him?

Or what if Jimin just smelt different that day, maybe because he was sick and he didn't want Yoongi to see him in a sick state?

What if Yoongi scared him? Did his eyes change color? They obviously did. What if Jimin freaked out and he never speaks to him ever again because it's not fucking normal for a 'human' eye to change color.

What if Jimin knows?

There's no way.

Yoongi has heard of people's eyes changing colors before. He'll just say that. He'll just lie and it will all be better. It'll all be okay.

-

One week, and finally. Finally the lights are shining bright inside of the candy store down the street. Finally, Yoongi can see that same face— although, not such a bright smile.

"I've been waiting for you." Jimin said as soon as Yoongi walked into the small shop.

Yoongi huffed. "Where were you?"

"Family problems." Jimin sighed and rested his head against the counter. "I'm sorry for not replying to your texts." He said.

"Hm.." Yoongi tilted his head, seeing how tired the boy was. "It's good that you didn't overwork yourself, Jiminie." He patted the younger, making him jump up.

"Y-You aren't mad?" Jimin asked.

Yoongi shrugged. "How could I be?" He asked as Jimin looked into his eyes, and Yoongi wasn't expecting to actually see Jimin, so he didn't even wear his stupid contacts again.

He'll just have to contain himself.

Jimin smiled up at Yoongi. He plopped down a little piece of candy on the counter. "Butterscotch?" He asked, Yoongi nodded.

He took the candy and put it in his mouth.

"When will you close?" Yoongi asked as he sucked on the candy happily.

"Thirty minutes."

"Want me to walk you home? It's getting late." Yoongi pointed at the sun setting outside.

Jimin smiled. "Sure." He said softly. "I don't usually get many people at this hour. I'll just go ahead and call it a day. I'm tired anyways."

Yoongi watched as the tired boy started to count his money in the register and he took time to observe how pretty Jimin was. The sun was hitting his face perfectly through the big windows and his lips were set into a permanent pout as he counted the bills.

"You're very pretty, Jimin."

Jimin looked up at Yoongi and started majorly blushing at that. "Thank you.."

Yoongi smiled as the younger quickly looked back at his money and put it away so that he could lock his register. After that, he led Yoongi out of the door and locked it behind them.

  "I was honestly worried about you." Yoongi sighed as they started walking.

  Jimin's mouth turned into a frown. "I should have at least called you. I'm sorry."

  "No, no. It's okay." Yoongi said.

  The roads were pretty much empty at this time, and there were only a couple of people on the sidewalk. Jimin took in the view, loving that Yoongi was also a part of it.

  "You're not too bad yourself." Jimin tried not to smile as he nudged the older, making Yoongi look back at him in confusion. "You say I'm pretty. That means a lot coming from you."

  Yoongi smiled and looked away shyly as their arms brushed together.

  "Good. I was being serious when I said it."

  The younger looked up into his sparkly eyes and grinned wide. "You're so nice, hyung."

  Yoongi rubbed the back of his neck as he looked forward. He wasn't sure what else to say, so they kind of just walked in silence.

  A man that was slightly taller than the two of them was walking what seemed to be right towards Jimin, not stopping. Yoongi was ready to pull Jimin to the side, but the guy started full-on running and grabbed Jimin all of a sudden, making the younger scream.

  There it was again. That feeling.

  The trance that seemed to come over Yoongi. The feeling of his whole entire body shaking with emotions as his wolf took over him.

  He didn't know why this man was attacking Jimin— maybe for money, or anything he could get— but neither Yoongi nor his wolf gave a shit as Yoongi lunged for the man, forcing him off of the younger boy who was now sitting on the sidewalk, watching with teary eyes.

  "Yoongi!"

  He wasn't listening.

  "Hyung!!"

  He gripped harder, pushing the man up against the wall of a building with one hand. Yoongi couldn't hear- or wasn't listening to Jimin screaming his name. All he could think about was the man who was now bleeding beneath him, making him choke on spit.

  "Hyung.."

  Jimin sounded scared. Yoongi let go.

  He turned to Jimin, realizing that the man was completely out of it now and that he was beyond beat the shit out of. Jimin had obvious fear in his eyes as he looked back at Yoongi, letting their eyes lock for a mere second.

  Jimin. He was scared for his own life. He saw the way Yoongi's eyes turned red. Dark red. He remembered seeing Yoongi's eyes changing colors before, but they had turned goldish brown. He thought that maybe it was the light hitting his hyung differently.

  This wasn't the case, though.

  Jimin gripped onto his own jacket tightly and started running for what seemed like forever. He didn't dare look behind him to see if Yoongi—that monstrous person— was following behind him or not. He just ran.

He didn't know and didn't care about what had just happened. He didn't know what to do or say or anything, so he ran.

What was that?

How did Yoongi just do that?

Jimin saw it all. He saw the man running towards him. The man tackled him, pushing him to the ground and tried to search his pockets, but he felt the guy being lifted off of him. He saw Yoongi take him away.

He watched Yoongi attack the man.

Vicious. Yoongi was vicious.

Yoongi was scary.

Yoongi wasn't Yoongi. He wasn't even listening to Jimin as he beat the man in front of him. He wasn't even there, it seemed like.

That scared Jimin.

When Yoongi finally did notice that Jimin was calling for him, he turned to him with a look in his eyes that made Jimin freeze in place.

His eyes were dark red, nothing like Jimin had ever seen before. Those were not Yoongi's eyes. That was not Min Yoongi.

Not the Min Yoongi he knew.

~