€37

Hey everyone! Thanks for getting this book to 1k reads!!!
Pls continue to read, vote and comment- it means a lot to me. It helps me improve and encourages me.
Also PLEASE SHARE!!!

My body ached, my mouth felt dry and my eyes strained against the hard, harsh light shining at me.

"He's awake." I heard faintly, as if from a distance.

I fidgeted, which only made my position worse. My sore arms were hung above my head and my legs were bound together. My temperature was above the normal; I felt my own sweat droplets slide across my bare skin. I fought my best to see clearly. I looked down, despite my vision being blurred I saw that I was stripped so I was only in my boxers. I grunted, coughed and sighed. I hung from the ceiling, with my bare feet -that had pins and needles- on the concrete floor. My head dropped to resist the intense light, which blinded my view. I was helpless.

"So." A more gruff voice appeared, followed by loud footsteps. "How long has he been awake?" The sed foreign, accented, voice asked.

"Minutes." The higher pitched man replied.

"The bullets?"

"They've been removed, boss."

"Who's were they?"

"The woman who was ran over, by us, boss."

"Is she disposed of?"

"Yes, boss. The sharks have digested her. Her weaponry came from some low-life thug, so we can't investigate the reason as to why she wanted a Caprice dead." Explained the bitch-toned guy.

I groaned. The longer I'm conscious, the worse everything felt.

Footsteps became louder, meaning whoever must be approaching.

"I can think of many reasons why someone would want a Caprice dead." The Polski said with venom.
"So..." The man hummed.
"What a possession I have." He laughed wickedly. He patted my head and then grabbed the back of my neck, forcing me to look up at him.

I squinted and groaned.

"Your papà will be going bonkers." He said in a happy tone.
"If he gives me what I want, then you can have quick death. I must say after I get what I want, I don't think you would want to live." He chuckled. He then let go of me and let me be, before walking off.
"I don't want him dead yet."

"Yes, boss."

Those were the last words I heard exchanged before I heard a large door slam. Mechanical sounds as well as a lot of movement was heard next. I thought about Amaria and Hillian, hoping they were okay. I knew they would be, because Monica is there, but I still hoped. I didn't panic about myself in this situation, I've had training to know what to do. Stay as calm as possible. The more you stress, the less you think, the less chance for an escape.

If this was my karma for meeting up with Ashley and not telling Hillian about it, then the creator must truly hate me. My life over, just because of one silly mistake.

Ashley was one of the brides I was originally arranged with from before my birth. When we were younger our parents used to always make us go on play dates. Without saying it, we both knew that they wanted us to be together. We lost contact at 14, when she moved to Poland. She's half Italian and half Polish. Her father was Italian and was a connect to my father, laundering casino money through the government. Her mother was Polish, from an aristocratic background, her forefathers being politicians and lords etc. With status to her name and within her blood, being part Italian, and being attractive, she would've probably been accepted into the family with open arms- if she passed the trials my family had to offer. Long story short, when she visited the UK for long periods of time we used to hook up. I was her first everything, from her first kiss to her first fuck. So we built a mutual sexual relationship every time she visited. There was no actual feelings from what I thought, but weeks ago she called me up, demanding I meet with her. I was at work, but she was crying, so I left to go meet her. After all she was a childhood friend- a friend, that's all. Obviously, since I've been official with Hillian I haven't been disloyal.

Yeah, so I meet up with Ashley. She's distraught and is crying. I hug her to help her stop. She then moves to kiss me, I dodge and tell her how I'm in an actual relationship. She gets mad. I explain how our previous agreement was mutual, so I thought. She makes reference to how my past-self would've still fucked her regardless. I told her I'm a changed man. She then walks off so I walk off, now annoyed. Next thing I know she runs up to me, stops me in walk and jumps on me, wraps her legs around me and kisses the fuck out of me. It was a struggle to detach her away from me, because she had strong legs, I guess because of her combat training and horse riding. But I managed to pull her away from me. I told her to leave me the fuck alone, because I have a family that's more important than she would ever be to me. And that was that, she was left on the floor, on the street, bawling, whilst I left the scene.

But someone else was there. Someone clearly took pictures of the scene, ready to set me up and frame me. Hillian and I have not been on good terms, but this threw into the mix. It was tricky, because Hillian has been through more than what people think, especially if she has Sosha as a mother. So I get why she's strongly opinionated now, but only if she had listened to what I had to say. In general, I hate when people don't listen to what I have to say. I don't talk too much, but when I feel to talk and I'm being overrode I get mad. When I get mad I tend to zone out. Like the other night, when I came back from the hospital and shared the bed with Hillian, I saw her arms. They were really bruised, from my grip, I felt bad. Really bad and I had the intentions to soon make it up to her. But as I expressed in my note, I had to see my dad. And I did.

All this shit made me feel like a fuckup. I didn't guard my surroundings, allowing me, the provider, to be fucking kidnapped. I didn't even think to mention to Hillian about Ashley beforehand, though I wanted to leave the past in the past. I'm not going to certain meetings I should be going to, which involves the company. I'm supposed to live up to the fact I'm my father's son, yet my outer image is looking like mush. In fact I am mush, but I have to change, because one day the legacy will be past onto me. I have no choice, no matter how much I want out. But it's impossible to live a loving life when the world demands darkness from you. Everything I have can easily blow out of proportion, but I have a baby now. For Amaria's sake I cannot let anything cave in. No matter my love for Hillian, my desire to be my father's son, my urge to suit expectations, my daughter must come first as she by our law will carry the legacy.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My right peck on my chest was sliced with a pocketknife, followed by a scorching branding iron in the same place, causing the blood exposed from the wound to sizzle. I jolted as my arms were tied in chains above my head, whilst my feet crossed in chains to the ground. I couldn't see this man, as the intense light directly in front of me blinded my view.

He laughed. He shouldn't have.

He wafted something containing alcohol under my nose. It was strong, very strong and was probably some kind of vodka. Then he poured it over my wound. I clenched my jaw, rather than make a sound. I was not giving this bastard the satisfaction. I clenched my jaw so tight I'm surprised my teeth didn't break.

"Hmm. You little shit. I branded you with our name forever, scum. I even poured our vodka and my own piss on your wound. We'll forever be in your system." His prominent voice took note in my head.

All the more reason why I should live, so I can eradicate motherfuckers like this. This one especially I'll give my torturous attention to. I will personally crack and break his soul. I can picture all the ways I will destroy him and the internal image stopped the immense stinging sensation I felt.

Maybe my experience will be a blessing rather than a curse.

Pls continue to READ VOTE N COMMENT- it means a lot to me. It helps me improve and encourages me.
Also PLEASE SHARE!!!