Chapter 14

Zealand's room^

- - -Zealand's POV- - -

I find myself standing on the outskirts of a wide field. So big, it could fit a zoo by itself. Trees surrounded this field. A small broken down shack is still standing, along with a fence down the center.

I felt the wind whistle past me blowing in and out of the trees. The summer is my favorite, why? Because the flowers are able to flourish, to be pollinated, to have more flowers.
How can I still tell it's summer?

I walk to the center and stop at the fence. I'm startled by a wolf more than have my size fades into existence before my eyes. The wolf is black with fiery red patches on its ears, snout, and paws. A red symbol of some kind is on its back...what does it mean?

I go to back up but I'm only allowed to go forward. The majestic beast just stares at me, waiting for me, taunting me. My dumb self decides to stare them in the silver eyes and talk to them.

"Where am I? How did I get here? Am I able to leave?"

Obviously I get no oral response since they can't talk. Instead they make a jabbing motion with its nose. Can I pet him? I kinda want my fingers.

I slowly creep towards the wolf, holding my hand out slowly. I read somewhere that they might have to sniff you. As my fingers slightly make contact with the wolf's fur...

Lightning crackles and the wolf vanishes.

I try to move from my spot but my body stays in its place. Like a lifeless doll, with me just being in its head. It allowed me to see outward ironically. Why can't I do anything?

I can hear paws thumping against the forest floor coming straight towards me. Internally panicking, my body still does not move. Am I asking to be shredded by whatever that is?

I watch as the same wolf bounds into the field. Rolling and rolling through the grass, having the best time of its life.

I notice the wolf has stopped and looked in the direction it came from. As if waiting on someone, it lays down properly on its stomach. How has it not seen or smelled me yet?

I could hear human feet sprinting towards us. "No no no no don't come over here," I try say to somebody. My mouth does not move an inch, like I'm not there. What is going on?

My body comes out of the tree line panting, waiting to catch a breath.

I'm stunned at another me being here. Is this a dream? Is this the future? How will I even know this wolf?

The other me walks to the wolf and flops on their back. So I'm comfortable with this wolf...great. While they talk somehow, I'm contemplating life all together. What's so significant about this that I needed to see it?

What shocks me next, is the other me magically pulls up a diagram of some sort.

Out of his hand.

A real deal vision board of what looks to be the future.

A constellation of possible outcomes.