Chapter 10

James Cohen^

- - -Titus' POV- - -

I decide not to follow the intoxicating scent.

"You are definitely a dumbass," Seax sighs at me. I ignore him for now.

Benji and I venture further towards the school. It makes me uncomfortable with all these eyes on me. I feel a specific eye on me but I don't look.

"Titus, what is that smell?" Benji whispers looking at the ground. "What do you smell exactly?" I ask to see if we smell the same. "The arousing smell of cherry and vanilla," Benji says while licking his lips. Hmm so not the same thing. "I don't know, keep walking." I end the conversation as I go up the stairs. The school isn't bad.

Crowds part like we're celebrities or sum shit.

We get inside and try to find the way to the main office. It takes longer than I thought, because basically every girl we meet falls out in shock.

Benji and I have the same schedule, though I don't know how because he's dumb as fuck.

"You sure you don't have the wrong schedule," I joke at Benji. My chuckles bounces off the walls as we walk to 1st period. "Shut yo ugly ass up." He bumps my shoulder with his and if I was human, I'd fall. I bump him back as we make it to the classroom.

He immediately stops. I stop with him

"It's that scent again." Benji seriously says. Wow, he's actually serious for once.

I open the door and all eyes are on us once again. The teacher looks up from his desk and smiles. He motions us over but I'm the only one who goes to move. Benji is rooted in his spot staring at a student.

"Linker" I hear him say under his breath.

~Benji's POV~

I can finally match a person with this scent. And am I glad I did.

My linker is a slightly buff boy with brown hair. It looks so soft, I just wanna run my fingers through it. He has a sharp jawline and a defined nose. I feel like I could get lost in his light brown eyes, that are staring back at me. And his lips...

"Come on Benji, just sit and you can stare all you want." Titus broke me from my train of thought. I break away my gaze and follow him to the teacher's desk.

"Ok class, we have new students now," the teacher, Mr. Brown, introduces us. "Here is Titus Uriel and Benjamin Miller."

I wonder how my name will sound coming off my linker's tongue.

I smirk as I survey the class. Girls swoon over us and I subconsciously roll my eyes. We make our way to the only two seats open...behind my linker

"Now that that's done, we will go around saying our names." Students groan at his antics. He goes down the rows until he gets to the back, where we are. My linker's friend goes first. "Callie or Cal," she says enthusiastically. I only care about my linker's name.

"Kace," his slightly deep voice says. Fuck, that was hot.

"Benjamin here, obviously." My deep voice booms. People laugh and quiet down to hear Titus.

Throughout the whole class, I don't pay attention. I just stare at my linker. I focus on the energy I'm getting from being so close. We, warlocks, feed on energy from our linkers when we find them. It doesn't kill them, but makes the bond stronger.

The bell ringing snaps me out of my gaze. Him and this girl get up together to leave. Titus hits me to catch my attention.

"Let's go, you spent the whole time staring." He seems fed up but I could care less. We head out and people continue to stare. It makes me uncomfortable but I hide it. We go through this motion until lunch.

Lunch changes everything for us.

~Kace's POV~

Cal, Zea and I seem to make it into the school before the new people. Girls are still on their feet and guys still look nonchalant.

We stop by our lockers like everything is normal.

"So we're seniors now. How does it feel?" Cal asks us. It's not a significant difference but we're talking about Cal here. "It feels the same," I say while closing my locker. It sucks balls we don't have classes with Zea right now. "Yea, totally the same." Zea says shyly. His shyness is refreshing from Cal's loudness.

We leave our lockers and make way to Zealand's class. We drop him off and head to our conjoined class.

Once we're seated, I feel heated all over. Why is it so hot? I look to Cal and she seems fine.

"Are you hot?" I ask her. She shakes her head no. So it's just me?

"Hey, did you see that dude's friend? With the shorter hair." She directs toward me. It has a suggestive mood and I don't like it. For some reason.

"Yea, I did why?" I reply. I hope she doesn't think he's attractive. "Nothing, just think he'd be your type," Cal wiggles her eyebrows at me. I roll my eyes but deep down it satisfies me. "I doubt I-"

The door opens, interrupting me.

The two guys from earlier walk in. "No way!" Cal whispers to me. I don't say anything because I'm staring into green irises. I could drown in those pools of green.

In the few seconds, I recognize everything on his face. His short cropped hair fits his muscular face. His adam's apple is more visible than most and veins run along his neck. He bits his bottom lip as he checks me out.

He looks away first and goes to his friend, at the front. "What was that?" Cal smacks me out of my daze. "I...don't know." My answer comes out choked and dazedly. "Hm ok," she replies suspicious but lets it go.

Mr. Brown claps to get everyone's attention. "Ok class, we have new students," he begins. "Here is Titus Uriel and Benjamin Miller."

So Benjamin is his name. It fits his face. He smirks at us and I scoff at the giddy girls.

They make their way to the seats behind us and I tense slightly when he passes me. He smells like Dior Sauvage. Don't judge me, I know my colognes.

Mr. Brown starts talking again. "Now that that's done, we will go around saying our names." Students groan at him. He goes through the desks until he gets to the back, where we are. Cal talks before me. "Callie or Cal," she says all extra. I go next and hear a slight intake of breath behind me.

Class finishes faster than I thought. I guess that happens when you pass notes with your friend. We hurry to get Zea and take him to his next class.

We get to ours to find Benjamin and Titus in the seats behind us. Awesome. Note my sarcasm. He messes with my brain whenever I'm by him.

This repeats until lunch. I didn't focus on any of those classes.

I hope lunch is normal.

**********************************

I did something a little different this chapter. I kinda like it...

So thoughts? ->

Vote and comment