ONE

AGATHA'S POV

          Agatha Cruise.

A name that was rarely mentioned, not even by the teachers. They just said, 'Girl at the corner'. And that, is what I was to everyone.

      But I had endless titles to every student in school. From the Gothic Girl, to a lonely human, to miserable... Every person in school had his or her own description when it came to 'Agatha Cruise'.

Not that I was any of those. Didn't have any heavy black makeup or glare at people through deathly eyes to hunt their souls... I just happened to be a quiet eighteen-year-old girl that had a lot of pain tucked underneath the layer of Gothic Girl.

      And why even the teachers rarely mentioned my name, was because I said a few or no words when needed to respond.

I did my home works, completed projects, scored good grades, and never got in trouble. Maybe that's why they saw no need of minding my business too much.

     But not the students.

Though none dared to pick a fight with me.

Not after the school bully intentionally tripped me in the school hall and I had to be rushed to a hospital due to a head injury. My family, The Cruises, streamed in the school. It'd have been shut down if I hadn't intervened with a single word, 'Stop'.

       They, my aunts, listened to me. Followed every word I breathed no matter what they wished. I knew they loved me, but I also knew I hated them. I hated my family. Hated that I was born in the Cruises.

   You may ask why I had such power over them! Well, I was the only heir to zillions of wealth. Wealth that my great grandparents had vanished in search of.

I could buy a jet or cruiser if I wished. But none of that pleased me. If it hadn't my parents will that only I should inherit the wealth. And in case of my death, half of it to be distributed to orphanages across Africa and America. Or, I could simply anoint someone else to care for it till I'm twenty two.

       Agatha Cruise wanted just a simple life where I could be myself. Be free in the inside.

"Hey?"

A voice called from behind as I dug in my locker for French book.

      I ignored it. Who would even dare greet me?

  But the knock on the metal door had me jump in a short gasp.

"Hey? I'm talking to you, redie."

Definitely me...

In a brisk movement, I shut the door, meeting a totally new face. He was over four inches taller than me, ebony dark hair that was nicely gather in a tiny ponytail on the middle of his head. The edges were trimmed.

        His eyes, darker than his hair, his lips a light shade of red with a weird smile curved on them.

The black T-shirt and blue jeans seemed to fit his large frame perfectly.

"Are you done admiring my good looks, missus?" He bragged biting the corner of his lower lip.

      I just gave him a blank stare. Then went back to my locker.

All of a sudden, my arm was grabbed and I was yanked away from the locker.

   A quick zap of adrenaline shot to my throat like lightning.

But before anything happened, somebody pulled him away from me, Zack, the school Captain.

      "What's your problem man? Never, ever, touch that girl!" I heard Zack hiss the warning to the stranger.

   The black-haired male chuckled. "She your girlfriend or wha-"

        "If you want to be expelled, try that again."

I didn't wait to hear what he'd retort back, just hurried off, ignoring the murmurs and stares from the students along the hallway.

*                *              *

     Monday passed away quickly than I could cope up. And in a few, the final bell rang, echoing through the empty hallways as usual.

         "Okay class, that's it for today. Now don't forget to write the essay. The main objective is to connect between nature, and love. Take care till tomorrow." And he walked out with a friendly smile glued to his dark face. He, Philip, was my favorite teacher. The only one I had managed to consult over all my three years in Black Hills High.

     Sucking in a quiet breath of air, I gathered my books and rose, in the decency of the buggy faded blue jeans I'd worn.

As always, I paid zero attention to the hungry eyes ever studying me. Maybe, waiting for me to slip or something. But I gave them little to talk about. Though they're always talking.

    Once every text book was in the locker, I headed for the double doors before other students started streaming out wildly.

As expected, my ride, a black Porsche, waited at the end of the parking lot.

          I hesitated at the doorway for a while. Throwing eyes up to the gay sky. Why am I being punished God?

Taking a step in the lot, someone called out my name, "Agatha?"

   That voice, needless to say, it was him...

To avoid any scandal, I increased my pace. But wasn't enough, he ran in front of me.

     "Finally," said catching his breath. "Now I know why you're an untouchable."

  When I diverted my path, he jumped to block me. "What's the hurry? You can ask for a helicopter to come fetch you."

Now he was crossing the line.

     "Wow, such a sexy hot glare for a bomb like you I must say."

The bastard laughed like had said the funniest joke in the galaxy.

  "My name is Will, or, William for your fancy speech."

   At that point, I could literally feel my blood heating up. He was annoying, frustrating, maddening. And I just wanted to hit or curse him.

     Suddenly, I saw my driver, Leo, coming this way.

He'd have hurt that William guy if I  hadn't done what I did. I hugged the annoying creature then slipped past him before Leo got to him.

      From the angry face Leo had on, was evident he'd have hit or done something worse to Will.

But what I had done would hunt me for a while, that, I was well aware.

          "You good?"

  "Yes. Let's go."

As the car drove out of the lot, I lowered the window and glanced at him. He was looking back at me with those black twins.

      A part of me drowned.

Hugging him hadn't been the cleverest thought I should have executed.

That might be the beginning of inviting trouble in your life, a gut feeling said.