Chapter 13| Escape, Enter, And Hell

☆Jessica☆

Of course there wasn't much information on Jennifer Miller. All I could find was that she went missing August 29th 2011 and was never found. I was really hoping that they had found my past body so that I would have at least a basic idea of how I died.

"Hello, Jessica," a voice said from behind me. I jumped before turning around as fast as I could. It was Cassondra.

"What are you doing here, Cassondra?" Sadness filled her golden eyes.

"Narula. He killed her, didn't he?" I shook my head. 

"She jumped off a building." My vision started to blur with tears.

"Why didn't she just tell him? Then maybe you and Eleanor could live. Well, it's too late now. Damn it! If only I could go to Johnny. Not even my illusions can get to him." Tears rolled down her pale cheeks.

"So then tell me where you are, and I'll come to you." Johnny walked up behind me. "How do you create these illusions though? I'm curious."

"Same as how to travel anywhere you want, well almost anywhere."

"A demon stone?" Johnny asked. "I thought only people who can pass the flames of darkness could use those." Cassondra nodded. 

"I can't tell you. I'm not allowed to. It's one of the rules I have to follow to be allowed to stay in this world."

"Then tell me, and then I can tell Johnny," I said. Cassondra shook her head.

"Thanks, Jessica, but because of what happened in your previous life you have a connection to Johnny. So, I'm not allowed to tell you ethier." I looked at Johnny.

"Well, since there is nothing I can do and this is between you and Cassondra, would you mind not killing me? Because I technically have nothing to do with this, and you've already killed me once. And if you're worried about breaking the promise you made to kill me, well you never said in which life so you've already lived up to your promise." Did I want to die? No. Was I going to try finding anything to get me out of this situation? Well I was going to try. Cassondra burst out laughing.

"She got you there!" 

"Shut up!" Johnny shot back.

"No thanks. So, are you ever going to answer her?"

Johnny faced me. "Yeah, that's not happening. I escaped Hell to get here, so I'm doing what I came to do." 

"So, why not just do it now?" I asked, instantly wishing I had just kept that question to myself. 

"Jennifer actually thought she stood a chance at survival towards the end, and she almost did make it out alive. I wasn't going to let her live though. I didn't have much time to do it, so the kill was unsatisfying. This time however, I intend to change that. It's mostly because I like watching my victims suffer before I kill them though. If you want me to kill you now I can. It'll be bloody though." I silently cringed. "Don't worry. I'll probably get bored soon, and then all this will end for you." He turned back to Cassondra. "Know you're the one I'm really excited about." Johnny laughed.

"And I'm excited to drag you back to Hell with me. I have to go now. It's time for my therapy session." Cassondra rolled her eyes."If you take long enough, Johnny, maybe I'll be able to leave the mental hospital by the time you get around to coming after me."

***

Detective Simmon met me at the local Starbucks. I got a Carmel Cloud Macchiato, and Chad got some other kind of coffee. It felt good to talk to someone who knew at least part of what was going on. I'd say the date went well. Chad even asked me if I wanted to go on another date with him. Of course I said yes. Then a question I never thought about before popped into my head. 

Considering my options, would I still go to Hell if I jumped off a building?