Chapter 16

You were genuinely in shock. Specifically, no other man had ever called you cute before. But if he wanted to take more pictures, then you'd be dumb not to agree. It was fun and relaxing, just the two of you. "I'd be happy to" you agreed. He smiled. It was a smile handsome enough to make you melt into a puddle. "How about we take the cuteness up a level? You could sit on my lap and wrap your arms around my neck" he suggested. He was literally trying to give you a heart attack. "You'd let me...sit on your lap?" you asked surprised he would consider it. Not like it was wrong or anything. Maybe he's more affectionate than you would've guessed. "If it would make you uncomfortable, you don't have to" he replied genuinely, seeing you were having thoughts. You've always fantasized sitting in his lap or cuddling him but now that it's real, you realized how much of a fumbling, shy fan girl you really were. "I wouldn't mind as long as it's okay with you",you told him honestly. He was the one who suggested it in the first place, of course it's fine. You were just being nervous. "Come sit" he said, giving you a playful look. Oh dear Gawd, if a look could make you pass out that would be it. Just imagine if he was more flirtatious. It would be deadly. You were reluctant at first, but you eventually moved to sit on his lap. He adjusted your position so that your body looked more natural and relaxed. You felt the need to instinctively wrap your arms around his neck. You then realized just how close you were to Gackt. It made you even more nervous than you already were. Gackt chuckled at the change in your behavior, seeing you were trying to remain calm on the inside but showing you were nervous on the outside. You felt an arm support you on your back, "Just relax" he reassured you. You tried your best to listen to his words. He's your friend now, right? Although under a really weird circumstance. You took some deep breaths, forcing yourself to calm down. If you looked terrified and nervous, it wouldn't make for a good picture. You untensed your muscles and let some of your weight rest on him. Gackt wasn't nervous in the slightest, he was calm as always. Focusing on that fact, made it a bit easier for you to calm down more so.

You could feel that he was holding on to you securely. You could even take in the scent of his hair, which smelled like whatever shampoo he had used earlier in the shower. It had a pleasant and soft scent. Your arms weren't as tense anymore either. "That's much better. Would you like me to take the picture for you?" he commented. Oh yea. Your hands were kind of full right now, holding on to him. "Sure" you gave him permission. A sudden text message from Yui popped up. She was asking about how the date was going so far. "Want me to reply for you?" Gackt asked. If you didn't reply now, Yui was going to blow up your phone until you answered. "Go ahead" you told him, curious to what he would say.You watched as Gackt texted back "Fantastic" and sent it. Was that how he was feeling? Although the word was a good choice and being with Gackt was pretty fantastic to be honest.Gackt held the phone steady as he snapped another pic of the two of you. "Want this one as well?" you asked knowing he would. "Of course" he replied and returned your phone to you. You sent him the pictures through a text. Which picture should you put as your background? You did like both of them.You would treasure them for the time being.

"Anything you would like to do?" he asked, giving you a chance to suggest an activity. You were still on his lap at the moment. You did want to try playing on his piano. It was the first thing that caught your attention in the room. Maybe he could show you some notes. "How about the piano?" you requested. "It has been some time since I've played. Good idea" he agreed. "Do you play a lot in your spare time?" you got up, so he could move. Gackt nodded, "Mostly if I need to write. Not much for pleasure nowadays" he answered. He must spend hours upon hours writing music. You pulled out the bench that was hidden under the piano and sat down.Gackt reached for something from one of the side tables. You then remember the song you found earlier. 'Kimi Ni Aitakute'. It would be amazing to hear this song in person." I'll make use of this since it's here" he said as he put the song on the piano stand. You looked at the music notes for the song.You really didn't know much about what anything meant on the page. It should make sense with a little explanation. Gackt took a quick look at the page and knew exactly where to put his hand across the keys. He started playing the first line of the music. It was really amazing to see him play right in front of your eyes. He made no effort to play the song perfectly. As he got to the part where you were expecting him to sing, he didn't. You were a bit surprised but it didn't really bother you either. You just listened to the melody play on the piano. In your head, you could hear all the words. Gackt's hands moved lightly and freely up and down the keys. He must know this song really well to play like that. He suddenly stopped before the song was finished. What happened? "You stopped?" you said out loud. "I know. It just doesn't sound right without words" he replied. Oh no. You knew where he was getting at. You're not singing in front of a pro. It's too embarrassing. "You want me to sing don't you?" you sighed, knowing it was coming and couldn't be avoided. "How about I sing the first verse and chorus with you?" he was trying to create a comfortable middle ground. Well it was just you and him. You might as well try your best, "If you insist. But I'm not going to be as good as you are" ,you said honestly. "I don't care. Just let the words do the singing for you" he told you. You nodded. Here goes nothing.

Gackt replayed the beginning slowly. He paused for a few seconds at the part he would usually begin singing. He gave you a moment to cue you in. After he started with the first word, you shyly joined in with him. " Kimi ni aitakute dare yori mo aitakute. Mou ichido kono te wo tsunaide hoshii" the two of you sang together. His voice was smooth and strong but had a hint of tenderness. Gackt continued to play and sing as the two of you sang through the first part:

"Kono heya ni mada okiwasureta
Kimi no omokage wo sagashiteiru yo
Me wo tojireba ima mo kimi ga soba ni iru you na ki ga shite
Itsuka wa atarimae no you ni
Wakare ga kuru koto wakatteita no ni

Kimi ni aitakute dare yori mo aitakute
Wasureru koto nante dekiyashinai kara
Kimi ga mienakute nandomo kizutsuketa keredo
Mou ichido kono te wo tsunaide hoshii"

You sang as best you could and enjoyed the harmony the two of you created together. When the second verse came up, Gackt stopped singing like he said he would after the first part. You felt your face flush as you sang alone. You tried to focus on the song instead of your embarrassment. You pretended you were singing in your room like you always did. Everything became alot easier and less nerve wrecking. You sang the second verse by yourself as Gackt continued to add the piano as background:

"Deatta toki ni koi ni ochite omowazu kimi wo dakishimeteita
Sonna boku ni warainagara 'baka ne' to karuku kisu shite
Daremo ga deai to wakare no naka de
Tashika na ai ni kizuiteiku

Kimi ni aitakute dare yori mo aitakute
Hajimete kimi ni atta hoshizora no shita de
Kimi ni tsutaetai todokanai omoi demo
Boku no kokoro wa mada kimi wo sagashiteiru"

Gackt continued with the lovely piano instrumental break. You couldn't help but take every note in. The whole experience almost made you think you were dreaming. By surprise, Gackt had joined in singing again. The two of you harmonized together:

"Itsuka wa atarimae no you ni

Wakare ga kuru koto wakatteita no ni

Kimi ni aitakute dare yori mo aitakute
Wasureru koto nante dekiyashinai kara
Kimi no tame nara sou kimi no tame nara...

Mou ichido kono te wo tsunaide hoshii
Itusmo tsunaida te wa atatakakatta"

As he finished playing the piano, you realized something. He didn't need the music sheets! He knew the whole song already!