Chapter 13

"I'm sorry for hurting you" Gackt apologized as he made sure you weren't hurt from what happened earlier. You remembered that he practically ripped his fangs out when you kneed him. It didn't start to hurt again until you thought about it. Though, the pain was dull and you weren't too concerned. You expected it to heal quickly like the last two bites. "It's really okay. I'm sure it will heal quickly" you reassured him.He was content to see you were alright and not in pain.

"Are you free tomorrow?" Gackt suddenly asked. With Yui's blisters, surely you wouldn't be doing much for a while. "I should be. Why?" you replied. Did he already want to be around you so quickly? It sounded too soon, yet maybe the sooner the better in this situation. "I want you to come over to my place. It's important that you should know everything, since we plan on somehow making this work" he told you. He didn't want to meet somewhere neutral first? Just straight to his place? Gackt's place!? Though, it wouldn't be a bad idea and it'd be a good private place to discuss things. A part of you couldn't believe he was taking you to see where he lived. Felt like a huge step, if this was a normal relationship. Either way this is going to be exciting. "What time then?" you agreed. Gackt had picked up his sunglasses and put them back on. "How does 9 in the morning sound?" he asked. "That's fine with me" you said thinking of what his place could possibly look like. "My friend, Ren will pick you up. Just text me the address of where you are staying" Gackt explained. You wonder why he wouldn't come to pick you up as well. Guess it didn't really matter. You did have one last question. "What should I tell my friends? I can't just say I'm going to see Gackt you know" you brought it up. Gackt thought for a second. "Yoshi. Tell them you'll be going out for a date with him" he answered. That was actually a smart idea. Why didn't that cross your mind? You knew Gackt was smart for a reason. They know that Yoshi is an actual person, even if it is Gackt in disguise. "Good idea. Maybe we should use that as a cover so if we.ever go out together" you suggested. The two of you walked back out to the public streets together. "I will see you tomorrow. Will you be okay walking from here?" he stopped to ask like a gentleman. Yui's house was right around the corner and you knew for sure you'd have nothing else to worry about. No more vampires. "I'll be alright. Good night Ga...I mean Yoshi" you smiled. You'll have to get used to that. "G'Night (Y/N)" he said back. The two of you parted ways. Wait. How did he know your name? You never told him.

You made it back safely. No one seemed to notice how long you were gone. Thank goodness. You gave the box of Band-Aids to Yui, she happily took them. As you sat down nearby to relax, you thought about how you were gonna tell Yui and Sam about your absence tomorrow. "I got good news girls. Yoshi wants to see me tomorrow" you announced. Yui and Sam perked up. "You mean like a date?" asked Sam. You nodded, "Pretty much. I'm so excited" you said. Yui jumped up, " We have to pick out an outfit for you. So what time is the date?" she asked while pushing you to the room. So much for the blisters on her heels. "9am" you replied. "Oh. So an all day thing. Then we have to make sure you look cute but are comfortable for a long day" said Yui eagerly running to the room to get started on an outfit for you. You watched Sam and Yui argue over what you would wear. You did really want to look good for Gackt. Even if this was just a friendship. Atleast, that's what you hoped it was rather than being a blood bank. "I'll pick my outfit and you two tell me if it's good" you stood up and took control over the situation. They were never gonna decide at this rate.

Yui had woken you up early the next morning and made sure everything was going to be perfect. "Yui she's not getting married" Sam told her to calm down. "I know but it's her first date. She has to make a good impression" Yui insisted. If only they knew who you were going to see. You glanced down at your phone as Yui fixed your hair. You had that pic of you and Gackt as your lock screen. Funny how all of this worked out. You smiled at the picture. "Don't forget to take a pic with him. We want to see his face too, you know" added Yui. Oh crap. That's right. He was wearing a mask. But how would you do that? Hopefully it wouldn't be too much to ask of Gackt. He already has so much on his plate.

A car arrived to pick you up exactly at 9am. You were expecting an expensive car but this one was still pretty nice. Perfect to drive about without much notice. Someone has stepped out of the driver's seat.You recognized him. Ren, you remembered his name. Ren opened one of the doors in the back for you. Weren't expecting him to actually be so nice. "Thanks" you said politely. The door closed after you and Ren got back in the car. He drove off not too long afterwards. It was silent in the car for a moment. "Tell me what you know about vampires", asked Ren. Not much besides those articles. You told Ren about them. He seemed curious. "I see. Wasn't aware that those sort of things existed. However, there is still much to learn. You'll need to know about our basic habits and lifestyle. It's important if you two want to keep your relationship and take care of one another" Ren explained. Fair enough. You weren't opposed to learning about a once thought fictional creature. It only made you more curious. "About this blood addiction thing, what can you tell me about it?" you asked, wanting to get a better idea of what it meant. That was the first order of business. "Each vampire has their own unique taste for blood. But only one person per human generation will have a special blood. Don't worry about me though, mine and Gackt's taste are completely different. If I were to bite you, your blood wouldn't taste as good to me like it does to him." he started. So in a way, you were Gackt's and no other vampires. You nodded in understanding. "From here on out it's recommended for you two to see each other often. Since you know your blood is addicting, your overall scent is also pretty pleasing. It will keep him...steady in terms of keeping himself in control. If the two of you were to just cut off all contact then, he'd go through a sort of withdrawal. Sort of like separation anxiety. Which isn't good when it comes to vampires, I'll just tell you that. I'd never want to put my friend through that. When I had my first girl, it didn't end well and she ended up leaving me. I was a completely different person and the next month was a total blur. My friends at the time told me all I did was go on blood purges night after night. Thankfully they were able to talk some sense into me,after a severe beating that is. Anyways, all you need to do is stay in contact and that's pretty much it"Ren explained a bit about how it was all related. So he really is protecting Gackt from the ugly side of being a vampire. Guess Ren pressuring him was really just the only hard part of this. You were sure you'd feel the same in Gackt's shoes, the confusion and fear. Not to add on the pressure of being famous also. It really was a lot to handle. "There will be more to learn and discuss when we arrive" ,Ren had told you. He didn't say another word until the two of you had arrived.