two.

"donghyuck, get down here so we can blow your cake!" her mom shouted from downstairs, and donghyuck hurriedly yeeted himself out of his room.

running downstairs, he was met by balloons and confetti blown to him. "happy birthday!" his family greeted and his mom let him sit at the dining table.

as she served the cake in front of donghyuck. "blow the cake!" the tanned male closed his eyes and clasped his hands together.

opening his eyes, he blew the cake. "i'm finally eighteen!!!" he shouted and threw his arms on the air

a few minutes later, his brother, chenle, saw a mark slowly forming onto his neck. "mom, look!" he excitedly pointed at his brother's neck. "the mark is finally forming."

donghyuck immediately stood up and walked towards their mirror. "does it hurt?" chenle shivered and donghyuck shook his head. "you'll experience this once you're an adult." he pats chenle's head.

the mark finally formed. "oh, it's red?" donghyuck tilted his head, to get a better view of his neck. "dang, my jawline is sexy." he joked, and chenle playfully slapped his neck.

"donghyuck i did not raise you to be a clown." his mom interrupted, and walked closer so he can also see his son's neck. "nah mom, he's the whole circus."

"shut up, pennywise."

after they saw the mark, donghyuck decided to brush it off and let the world find his soulmate for him. he walked to the dining table and sat on his chair. "so.. where's my gift?"

"gift?" his mother asked, "you're eighteen donghyuck. eighteen." his mom said, making his brother snort.

"oh, c'mon or i'll tell dad." donghyuck whined, flapping his legs under the table. "hyung, dad is dead." donghyuck immediately went silent and his legs immediately stopped.

"okay, okay, here's your present." mrs. lee interrupted, walking toward his son with a wrapped box on his hands. "this costs more than your life, so if i saw this under your bed. you're. dead."

opening the box, donghyuck gasped and covered his hands in shock. "mom, isn't this expensive?" donghyuck lifted the book, which he's been dying on buying for a very long time.

he immediately stood up and hugged his mom. that's the book he's been dying to buy ever since they released it, he felt like the happiest person while holding the book. "so chenle where's my gift?" donghyuck broke the hug and crossed his arms.

"hyung, i'm sixteen." chenle rolled his eyes. "i can't even watch porn yet how am i supposed to have money."

"mom, chenle's planning to watch porn." donghyuck pointed at his brother acting like those five-year-olds.

"shut up both of you," she walked towards their table. "let's eat."

very surprising how donghyuck and chenle are so open with this conversation with their mom without making the situation awkward, or their mom giving them a glare that feels like stabbing you with a knife.

after hours of their celebration with chenle and his mom, he immediately went upstairs towards his room and clutching tightly at his newly received book.

he finally has something to add to his countless collection of books, he smiled at the sight of his full shelf, he then plopped himself to his double-sized bed and went on reading his book.

he's been collecting books ever since his thirteen, and here he is now an eighteen-year-old still a whore for books.

rom-com books are probably one of haechan's favorite genre, although he also reads some horror books, by some i mean, only three books.

he could totally say that collecting this many books is unhealthy, but he couldn't help it, this was the only thing he can do every time he felt lonely.