sixteen.

donghyuck dropped whatever he's doing in the kitchen and hurriedly dashed towards the living room. he didn't know if it's the excitement he's feeling that mark is finally home or it's just because chenle just saw mark.

"hi chenle!" said mark, ruffling the younger's hair, "long time no see." the older then received a smile from chenle.

"hyung! mark hyung's home!" chenle shouted, but as he looked back his brother is already standing inside their living room. "i'll go home now, see ya!"

chenle grabbed his bag from the couch, and was about to open the front door when the older spoke. "i'll drive you by on the bus stop."

both chenle and mark looked at donghyuck, more like asking for permission as donghyuck here pretended like he didn't care,

he nods, while slowly turning around. "yeah, sure. i don't really care."

"you don't care about me?" chenle fakes a pout, obviously teasing the older and receiving a glare from donghyuck, "alright, alright."

meanwhile, mark stands in between them looking at the two siblings. such a cute sight, he thought.

chenle waved goodbye to donghyuck for one last time as they headed out of the house and towards the car.

"chenle can i ask you something?" mark asked, out of nowhere. he's been keeping this question ever since they jumped on the car. "what's donghyuck's favorite?"

chenle looked at mark but the older's eyes never left the road. the question sounds serious but chenle just couldn't help but giggle.

"what favorite?"

mark then paused for a second to think, "like anything. just favorite."

"uh... books?"

the older shook his head, "i know that already."

"hugs...?"

"i knew that one too." said mark, looking awkwardly outside the window, as the traffic light turned red.

chenle playfully rolled his eyes, he doesn't know what the older meant by donghyuck's 'favorite'. "what exactly are you talking about?"

mark released a sigh, "you see, me and haechan received the punishment, right?" the older continues, "and the thing is—"

"woah, hyung!" chenle interrupted mark's sentence, eyes widening, "you called him haechan!"

mark paused for a second while chenle just realized what he did. the younger pressed his lips into a thin line and signaled the older to continue. "the thing is that he doesn't like me...? well not really but—he just doesn't..."

chenle titled his head as he looked at mark looking like he's struggling to from his words.

"he doesn't talk to me." mark finally managed to say, after finding the right word in his brain.

oh so this is what donghyuck is talking about, the younger thought. chenle pursed his lips and tapped his chin, "maybe because..." the younger then remembered what donghyuck told him earlier, "because you did something wrong..?"

"what did i do though?" mark threw his hands on the, leaning back on his seat, "last time i checked me and donghyuck are finally, finally started going okay and then i woke up he's not talking to me again." the older blabbered.