thirty-three.

"hello, jaemin hyung~" chenle answered, purposely making it sound cute, "why did you call?"

"hi chenle," the older started, "i just wanted ask if have you talked to donghyuck?"

the younger on the other phone raised his brows, confused at the sudden question, "no...?" chenle trailed his words, "why?"

"well... he hasn't been answering my calls for the past three days or so," the older continues, "and he hasn't been in the library too."

that's strange, chenle thought. he knows donghyuck is always the type of person to answer calls very quickly and what could possibly the reason why he's not going in the library anymore? "why is tha"

a voice from behind startle chenle for a second before realizing his mom is calling him. "hyung, my mom is calling me. i'll call you later." chenle told, "i'll also try to call donghyuck hyung for you,"

"okay. i see." jaemin said, "bye, bye chenle!"

hanging up the call, he went directly towards his mom who is standing in the kitchen. "why mom?" the younger asked.

"that," she pointed at the top of the shelf, "can you get that for me, i'm too old for that."

giggling, chenle did as what told and get the bottle of oil that is sitting at the top of the shelf, also made him wonder who put it on the highest shelf.

finally giving it to his mom, chenle was about to exit the kitchen when he remembers something. "mom, do you remember jaemin?"

"isn't that donghyuck's friend? the one he met in the library?" she said, trying to remember if she got it right. "you told him about it, right?"

chenle answers a hum, "well he has always been the closest to donghyuck hyung, but he said these past few days, hyung hasn't been answering his calls."

"hm... i'm actually planning on calling him because we're having dinner with mark's family later," mrs. lee announced, eyes still fixed on the food she's cooking, "i'll try calling him"

chenle's eyes immediately brighten after hearing his mom's statement, "does that mean jisung is going to be there too?!" the younger asked with a smile drawn on his face. he saw his mom giving him a confused look and then he coughs, "i-i mean... sure, y-yeah cool..."

after almost just shouting in front of his mom because of excitement, he eagerly went upstairs towards his room. "jisung, oh my beloved jisung." he slides his back on the door, feeling like there are rainbows, butterflies, and flowers surrounding him.

------