Chapter sixteen

"Yes!" I said, desperately. I covered my mouth with both hands at the answer I gave. He to looked surprised by it.

     "Wait, really?" He asked, wide eye. He went back to his normal state once he realized how he reacted. He didn't look so surprised anymore. "Just remember," he said.

     He walked closer to me, very close to me. I didn't want to back up to show that I was scared, I was and I can tell that he knows that I'm nervous.

     He looked down at me, leaning down to be face to face with me. I could feel his breath on my face. I couldn't tell at this point if I was blushing or his breath was just hot on my face. It probably is because he smells like bacon.

     He opened his mouth to speak. "If you try to escape, just keep an eye out for military guards. They don't really hesitate when with guns. I trained them good." He threatened, half eyed and whispering with a devilish smile.

     I swallowed. "I'm sure you did." I said, trying to be a little more braver when I see him or talk to him.

     "Heh." He laughed. "Your face is red."

     I backed up away from him, surprised at what he said. I covered half my face with my one hand. "Wait, what?!" I asked, panicked. "I-it's not what you think!" I shouted in a panicked way.

     He laughed again, which I didn't like. "Oh!" He said, to which I looked at him. To my surprise he had a good expression on. A happy yet sassy one. "Could it be my accent this time?" He asked, smirking.

     I felt my face go hot at that. "What?!" I asked, flustered. I looked away from him and at the floor, still very embarrassed.

     "I don't hear a no." He teased.

     I looked back up, and to my surprise he was right in front of me again, face to face. "Is it because of my eyepatch? My arm? Or is it my scars?" He asked, smiling widely in a sassy yet playful way.

     I can't believe this is happening.

     "Red!" I said, not even feeling the braveness I felt before. "That's not it!" I said, shouting.

     "So you find another thing attractive about me?" He asked, giving me that sassy eye of his. He leaned back up and stared me down again.

     I stomped my foot on the floor, clinching my hands in a fist as I pouted. "You smell like bacon!" I yelled, confusing. Yes, it probably is the reason.

     I saw the look on his face that he was stunned and caught off guard by my answer. He looked away, blushing.

     He stayed like that for a while and I felt a little anxious. "I'm so glad I shoot that camera..." He said in a whisper. I couldn't see the expression on his face anymore. I only seen half of his face but not his eye since he wears an eyepatch and all the scars on his face.

     I frowned my eyebrows in a confused way. Oh, so the cameras wouldn't catch us talking and stuff.

     But, he said no socializing with prisoners.

     I snorted. "Look who's blushing." I let out, giggling a little. Maybe regretting it because I don't want him to get mad.