CHAPTER TWENTY: Selfish & Old Lady

Jolene walked into the house and immediately could tell something was wrong. Happy was sitting at the kitchen table with a murderous look on his face, not that that was anything new for him. "Where's Mateo?" The brunette asked slowly while walking towards the bald biker. A million thoughts were running through her mind. Lyla was suppose to drop him off, yet he wasn't there. "Happy?" Jolene asked stepping in front of him. "Where's Mateo?"

Happy looked into Jolene's dark eyes. He could see the panic beginning to show in them, he didn't mean to make her panic, but he was fully of rage right now. "He's fine." Happy rasped. "I had Sack come take him to the clubhouse." He added while watching as the panic slowly left Jolene's eyes.

"Why?" Jolene asked with confusion. "Is there a lockdown?" Things had been surprisingly quiet between SAMCRO and their enemies, but Jolene knew that was always bound to change in a second.

"No." Happy shook his head.

Jolene let out a sigh. "Hap, I'm going to need you to fucking talk for once in your fucking life." Happy's one worded responses had always annoyed Jolene, and right now was no different.

"You're not leavin'." He said in a low growl. His dark eyes bore into Jolene's suddenly confused ones.

"I don't know what you're talking about." The brunette said while shaking her head with confusion.

Happy let out a bitter laugh as he pulled papers from the inside of his kutte and slammed them down on the table. He saw Jolene jump slightly at the sound of his palm hitting the table. "You wanna fuckin' transfer and that ain't happenin'."

Jolene looked down at the papers Happy slapped onto the table and internally rolled her eyes. Of fucking course. It didn't surprise her that Happy had snooped through her things much like Gemma had, but that didn't mean she wasn't mad as hell that he did it. The doctor was also mad at herself for forgetting to throw away the transfer papers away from Margaret Murphy. Jolene had run into the red head on her way out of the hospital and informed her she wouldn't be taking a transfer now or anytime in the future. Charming was and always would be her home.

"You went through my fucking things." Jolene growled while grabbing the papers off of the table, and angrily throwing them to the floor. The brunette honestly didn't want to fight, but she was just too fucking mad. It was suppose to be a good day. She had gotten her cast off and was finally ready to tell Happy that she loved him, but now it was all fucked up.

"That's what you're fuckin' bitchin' about right now?" Happy asked while pushing the chair back from the table. "You wanna fuckin' leave me and take my son away from me, but you're bitchin' cause I went through your things." Happy's voice was dangerously low as he stood toe to toe with Jolene. "You're not leavin' and you're not takin' my son." He rasped with a dangerous look in his dark eyes. Happy wasn't trying to scare Jolene. He knew the brunette was never scared of him to begin with, but he needed her to know and understand she couldn't leave him. He loved her, and his relationship with Mateo had grown in the weeks he had stayed with them. Happy wasn't going to let either one of them out of his life ever again.

"Fuck off." Jolene hissed. "You suddenly show you can be a dad in the last month and all of a sudden you think you're father of the fucking year. You finally show you can be a consistent presence in Mateo's life, and now you want to tell me what the fuck I can do with my son's life. If I want a better life for Mateo then all of this bullshit then I'm going to give my son the best life he deserves." It felt cathartic for those words to leave Jolene's mouth.

"But, I'm not transferring." The brunette said softly after a moment of silence passed between the both of them. "Maybe I'm selfish and stupid for not, but I love you. After everything we've been through and everything you've put my through I still love you, and may-"

Happy's rough lips crashing against hers stopped Jolene from continuing her rant. "I fuckin' love you, too." He rasped while picking Jolene up and carrying her towards the bedroom where they spent their time slowly showing each other just how much they loved one another.

/&/

Jolene slowly traced Happy's tattoos as they laid in bed. It was a big step for Jolene to admit her feelings for Happy, and she knew it was an even bigger one for him, but she needed to know where they stood now.

"Hap?"

"Jo?" He mocked with his eyes closed. Happy could stay in this bed all day with Jolene tracing his tattoos. He had always loved the feeling of her fingers on his skin.

"Where do we stand now? I love you, and I want to be with you, but-"

"You're my old lady." Happy said firmly while opening his eyes. "I love you, and I'm not letting you go again. I fucked up and I'm not lettin' it happen again." He said while looking into Jolene's eyes.

"I'm not going to be in a relationship where you fuck other women. I can't do that, and if you can't be a one woman man than this," She said while motioning between them with her hand. "can't continue." She refused to stand by with a smile on her face while Happy fucked or got his dick sucked by some croweater or porn star.

"That night of the accident." Happy began while taking in a deep breath.

"I don't need to hear it, Happy." Jolene said quickly. She knew exactly where he was going with this, and she didn't want to hear it.

"Yes you do." He rasped while sitting up in the bed. "I knew you were comin' that night. Tig wouldn't shut the fuck up about it. I was nervous about seein' you, because once Tig told me you were comin' I decided that was the night I was gonna tell you I still loved you, but the minute I saw you walk into the clubhouse I pussied out and grabbed the closest croweater next to me. Fuck, Jo I've loved you since you were nineteen. I know I have a fuckin' shitty way of showing you it, but I didn't know how to be in love with someone. I only knew easy pussy and no attachments." Happy paused for a moment to let his words sink in for Jolene.

"I fucked up so bad with you for fuckin' years, and that day you came to the clubhouse and told me you were pregnant I was so scared for once in my life, and I know that's no excuse, but the idea of you havin' my kid was scary. I'm a fuckin' killer. I've done the most heinous things you can think of, and here you come tellin' me you're carryin' my baby. I didn't want Mateo to be mine at first. I didn't want him to grow up with me as a dad. I thought if I pushed you away you'd both have a better life, but I can't be without either of you."

Jolene could feel the tears falling from her eyes. This was Happy opening up and showing her his emotions, and it felt like she could see the years of weight on his shoulders being lifted as he talked. "I love you, Happy Lowman and I always have."

•••

A/N: There's only one more chapter left 😭 but I do plan on doing a prequel so you can learn more about Happy and Jolene's relationship. Thank you all so much for the votes, comments, and views! 700+ votes! It amazes me! I appreciate it so much ❤️ if there's any mistakes I'm sorry it's unedited.