SEVENTEEN: Waiting & Blame

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Waiting & Blame

"She's loosing a lot of blood!" Jolene could hear Liam's voice, but it sounded muffled and foreign to her ears. She wanted to open her eyes and see what the fuck was going on around her, but even the slightest movement sent an unbearable pain throughout her body. "Stay with me Jo." Liam whispered into the brunette's ear as the stretcher moved quickly down the hallway.

Chief Unser watched the stretcher move down the hallway with a somber look on his face. When he first arrived on the scene his heart dropped. Wayne knew instantly it was Jolene's Jeep. The doctor was in bad shape from what he could make out, there was glass sticking out of her face, and her dark hair was matted with blood. Wayne wasn't sure if Jolene was alive until he saw her chest slowly rise and fall.

"Listen here you little bitch, you're going to tell us where the fuck Jolene Delaney is right now!" Wayne let out a sigh as Gemma's threatening voice filled the halls of St. Thomas. The Chief quickly made his way towards the SAMCRO Queen. "Gemma." The older man spoke up, causing Gemma and SAMCRO to turn around. Wayne's eyes landed on the tear stained face of Luann Delaney, who held a confused looking Mateo in her arms.

Gemma walked away from the woman behind the desk, but not before calling her a bitch one more time. "Wayne what the fuck is going on?" The older woman asked while wrapping a comforting arm around Luann.

Unser nodded towards the toddler in Luann's arms. He didn't want to speak in front of the little boy, he didn't want to confuse and scare him anymore than he already was.

"Baby, I need you to go with Kip for a little bit." Luann said while placing a smile on her sad face. "Grandma needs to talk to Chief Unser." She sniffled whole handing the toddler over to the prospect.

"Start talkin' Wayne." Clay spoke up once Half-Sack and Mateo were away from the group.

"Jolene was hit by a drunk driver." Wayne said while running a hand over his tired face. "From what I could see her injuries are bad. She was rushed into surgery."

"Jesus Christ." Clay muttered as Luann let out a heartbreaking sob.

"I got Hale out now looking for the guy." Unser assured the group. The other thing Wayne noticed when he arrived on the scene was whoever hit Jolene left after calling for help. Of course he knew the owner of the car, there was only person in all of Charming who owned a car like that, and Wayne had pulled him over plenty of times.

"Who is it?" Happy growled. The bald biker had stayed silent while everyone else around him talked, but now that the old Chief had let it slip that they were looking for someone, Happy wanted a name. He wanted to slowly torture whoever it was that hurt Jolene, and he would fucking take pride and joy in doing it.

"I can't tell you that." Unser said with a sigh while cursing himself for letting it slip that they had a suspect. Wayne looked into the cold, dark eyes of the bald tattooed biker, he didn't know much about Happy Lowman besides being called 'Tacoma Killer', and he was Mateo's father. "Hale will get him." Wayne said reassuringly while silently hoping David got to the guy before SAMCRO could find out who it was. He didn't want bloodshed on his door or his hands.

"You better fucking hope he does." Tig, who had been unusually quiet spat before walking off towards the waiting room with the rest of SAMCRO following behind.

/&/

Happy sat in the waiting room of St. Thomas, his dark eyes staring at the wall in front of him. It had been hours and still no update on Jolene. The tattooed biker couldn't help but blame himself for this. If he had just stuck with his original plan instead of getting his dick sucked, Jolene wouldn't be here fighting for her life. Happy wasn't a religious man by any means, but right now he was praying for Jolene to be the fighter he knew she was. He loved the brunette woman, and would spend every second of his life making things right with her if given the chance.

"You get any news from Camilla?" Happy questioned Juice while not looking away from the hospital wall.

"No." Juice shook his head, a frown on his face. "She's trying to get information but so far nothing." He ran a hand over his head.

Happy let out a grunt and fell back into a silence. His dark eyes moved away from the wall and down to the sleeping form of Mateo in his lap, the toddler had fallen asleep two hours ago. Happy ran a hand over his son's dark curls, he knew the toddler was confused and scared. Mateo wasn't a stupid kid he knew something was wrong with his mom, but no one wanted to say anything yet until they knew how bad it was. "Sack." Happy rasped, causing the prospect to jump at the sound of his nickname.

"Yeah Hap?" Half-Sack asked, jumping up from the uncomfortable hospital chair.

"Take Mateo home." He ordered. "The kid needs to be in his bed." Happy wouldn't say it out loud, but he was scared for Mateo to be here. He didn't want his son to be here if the news wasn't good. Happy wouldn't be able to deal with Mateo's heartbreak as well as his own.

Half-Sack nodded and picked up the sleeping boy. "I'll make sure he's okay." The prospect assured Happy. "Happy?" He said quietly, causing Happy to look up at him. "I-I'm sorry." He stuttered. Half-Sack didn't want for a reply before walking off, the glare on Happy's face was enough for him.

"Jolene Delaney's family?" A voice called out.

Happy jumped up from the chair he was sitting in as did the other members of SAMCRO, as well as Gemma and Luann. He held his breath as the doctor walked towards them, his light blue scrubs stained with blood. Jolene's blood. A feeling of rage took over Happy's body as he realized just exactly who the doctor standing in front of them was. Happy pushed his rage down this wasn't the place or time for a dick measuring contest. Right now he just needed to know if the love of his life was alive.

"I'm her mother." Luann spoke. "Is my baby okay?" She asked while tightly holding onto Gemma.

"She's lost a lot of blood, but she's going to be okay." Liam said with a tired smile on his face.

"Oh thank god." Luann let out a sob while everyone else let out sighs of relief. "Can I see her?"

Liam nodded. "She's sleeping and probably will be for the next few days. I had to go in and remove her spleen, her leg was broken and required surgery as well, and her face was badly cut by the windshield." He explained Jolene's injuries.

Luann's hand flew to her mouth as Liam explained her daughter's injuries. "I just want to see her."

Happy watched as Liam and Luann walked off. He had wanted to be the first one to see Jolene, but he understood that her mother needed to be with her right now, but that didn't mean he liked it. Once Luann was done visiting he would be the next and last one in the room. Happy didn't plan on leaving Jolene's side, and there would be hell to pay if anyone tried to make him leave. The tattooed biker wouldn't be leaving Jolene's side ever again.

•••

(A/N: I wrote this at 3 in the morning so I apologize if there's mistakes and if it's a bit wonky. I feel like this story is coming to an end soon. I'll probably try and make it to 21 chapters or so. Thank you all so much for the views, votes, and comments! You guys are seriously the best and I appreciate it all so much ❤️❤️)