Seven: Dr. Boyd & Dog Bites

Chapter Seven: Dr. Boyd & Dog Bites

A laugh left Jolene's lips as she sat in St. Thomas' cafeteria across from Camilla, listening to the brunette Latina tell her a story about her time in college. The brunette doctor took a bite of her sandwich, nodding to let Camilla know she was still fully listening to her. Jolene had her own fond memories of college, the dark eyed doctor didn't stray too far from Charming but, far enough that she didn't have SAMCRO breathing down her neck. College had really been a place for her to grow and flourish without brining under the watchful eyes of SAMCRO.

Camilla finished her story and the pair of friends fell into a comfortable silence, each other enjoying their lunches and the quiet. The hospital had been unusually hectic today, the doctor had already scrubbed in on three surgeries and had a few more scheduled for after a quick lunch break. Jolene was thankful for the busy day, it was allowing her to push the lingering thoughts of her kiss with Happy to the back of her mind. She needed to worry about saving people's lives not some kiss that was most likely a mistake.

Jolene looked down at her phone, her half an hour of a normal conversation was up. "Thirty minutes goes by too fast." The brunette said, earning her a nod of agreement from Camilla. The doctor and the nurse picked up their trays from the table, dumping their garbage as they exited the cafeteria.

"Doctor Delaney!" A voice called out.

The brunette turned around, her dark eyes searching for the person behind the voice. A smile taking over her features as she saw Dr. Boyd approaching her. "I'll see you later." Camilla whispered, giving her a wink before she walked off, leaving the two doctors to themselves.

"Doctor Boyd, what can I do for you?" Jolene asked, staring into the blue orbs of the handsome doctor in front of her.

Liam Boyd smiled at the brunette in front of him. "I was wondering if I could pick your brain for a little bit?" He asked.

"Sure." She smiled, her dark eyes taking notice of the chart in his hands. "Though I'm not so sure my brain has been the best lately." Jolene joked with a laugh. "What can I help you with?" The laughter leaving her voice, her tone growing serious.

Liam loved her laugh. It was like hearing your favorite song after a shitty day. He cleared his throat, shaking the thought from his mind. He had more important things to think about right now instead of his crush on the beautiful doctor in front of him. "I was hoping you could look this over." The doctor held out the chart towards her. "It's a complicated surgery and, I'm hoping once you look it over you'll be willing to scrub in with me."

"Of course, Liam." Jolene said. She took the chart from his hands, feeling her face heat up as their fingers brushed against each other's. Jesus Christ. What was she a teenager again? Something so simple as her fingers touching his made her blush. "I'll let you know once I've finished looking it over." She said, clearing her throat and composing herself.

"Thank you, Jolene." Liam gave her an appreciated smile.

The doctors said their goodbyes before going off on their separate ways, though their minds wandered back to each other throughout the day.

/&/

Jolene walked into the clubhouse with her ever trusty medical kit in her hands and a frown on her face. She had gotten the call right after her shift ended that Tig was in need of her services. The doctor spotted Tig right away, laying face down on the pool table with a couple of crow-eaters around him. Jolene rolled her eyes as she made her way towards her injured best friend, that man could be on death's door and he'd still be more worried about getting laid.