8. Like Me

"Hey, you're on time this time!" Jiyoo was greeted by the happy Taehyung who was smiling from ear to ear as soon as she arrived in front of the shopping mall.

"Hm." She simply gave a little nod.

"Should we go now?" Taehyung said as he opened the entrance door for her.

"You..." Jiyoo wasn't about the say it, but the little bruise on his cheek was a bit obvious up close.
"What happened to your face?"

"Oh it's nothing, I just got into a little fight yesterday," Taehyung replied while leaning closer to her.
"Aw, is Ms. Jiyoo worried about me?"

"No, I was going to say you deserved it for being a troublemaker." Jiyoo honestly responds.

"You're so mean." Taehyung pouted in a playful manner.

He... is sure good at acting cute. Jiyoo didn't show it, but she was taken aback.

"Why are we here?" Jiyoo asked.

"I just feel like going shopping with you today," Taehyung replied.

"Then hurry up and shop for what you need so I can go home early."

"Impatient as always." He said before grabbing her wrist and dragging her to the nearby Gucci store.
"I need to pick up something so you can just look around to see if there's anything you like."

Um... look for anything I like? As if I can even pay for the cheapest thing in here.

"Their stuff isn't even that cute anyway," Jiyoo whispered to herself as she stood in one place for a while, hesitant to look around. After some time waiting for Taehyung, she found herself walking toward the female section.

"Okay...maybe they're a little bit cute." She said as she approached one of the bags in the store that catches her eye. Her hands touched its fine leather as they made their way to the price tag.

OH WOW. WHAT IN THE-

"That's a great choice. This bag is quite popular with younger people. I think they would look really good on you!" One of the female workers interrupted Jiyoo.

"Ah... I see." She replied with obvious discomfort in her voice.

"Yes as you can see here, this bag..." The worker continued to introduce the bag for Her but Jiyoo couldn't really focus on what she was saying because all Jiyoo can think about was how to get out of this uncomfortable situation.

Why is she keep talking... does she really think I'm gonna buy this... argh it's gonna be so awkward when I'm going to say no when she took so much time selling me this...

"Do you like this?" Taehyung interrupted the two.
"I'll get it for you."

Jiyoo turned to her side to see Taehyung wearing a different jacket now. It was a brand new Gucci jacket and in his hands were several shopping bags too. Jiyoo didn't think designer clothes were flattering before but on Taehyung... it hits differently.

"No! I don't want it."

"Okay then what about the other one... or have you checked out their clothing line yet? I saw a dress that I think it'll look nice on you, let's go try that." Taehyung was about to drag her again but she quick move away.

"I don't want anything, if you're done then let's go."

"... you don't like anything here? Then what brand do you prefer? Chanel? Saint Laurent? Burberry?"

"Let's just go." With that, Jiyoo quickly left the store first while Taehyung trailed behind.

"Hey! You got to have something you like! It could be anything, I'll buy it for you." Taehyung said as he's catching up.

"I told you I don't want anything." Man, rich people sure is annoying. Also, I'm not stupid to let you buy me something so I could be more indebted to you.

"Hey, you don't have to lie. I haven't seen a girl that doesn't love things like this."

"Then I'm sorry to break it to you, but all the girls that you've met are probably just taking advantage of the fact that you're rich."

"Did I said that I met any girls? I was just talking about the girls my older cousins dated."

"Yeah sure, whatever."

"It's okay if you take advantage of me." Taehyung's sudden confession causes Jiyoo to halt her steps.
"If it's you then it's okay... if that what it takes for you to like me."

Jiyoo gives Taehyung the most questionable look.
... did I injure his head too much that there's not even a single brain cell left now?

"Are you dumb?" Jiyoo sighed.
"I know rich people think differently but seriously... using your power won't make someone like you genuinely. If this is what all your current relationships build upon then I really pitied you. Consider making new friends."

Taehyung hands balled into a fist as he's watching Jiyoo leaving. He doesn't know why this upset him so much watching her leave like that.

"Then what should I do?!" Taehyung frustratedly shouted, catching a few attention of those passing by.
"What should I do for you to like me?"

There's nothing you could do. Jiyoo thought to herself as she walked far away, pretending not to hear him.

A/N:

I finished watching Haikyuu and dk what to do with my life now 😔