Chapter 5

A/N:  

GUUUUUYSSSS! 

I'm so sorry for the long wait. I hurt my back last week so I didn't get the chance to continue writing this chapter. I hope you still love me. T.T

So this will be my apology for all the waiting.

P.S.: Listen to the music while reading this chapter. The title seems appropriate, you know?

~~~~~

Chapter 5

Knock, knock.

My eyes opened as the sound of a knock on the door pierced through my consciousness, flushing when I realized the state I'm in. I can't believe I've been reduced to this level of wretchedness, snoozing while doing my business on the toilet with my pants down my legs. If my members ever wound up knowing this, they would never let me live this down. I was startled into action when I heard the knock again so I shook the cobwebs in my head, finished my business and pulled my pants up. I quickly washed my hands and shuffled towards the door, calling out to the person outside to wait.

"I'm sorry, I was in the bath --" I stopped. Thinking that it was one of the boys, I was frozen in shock when I saw who it was instead. To say that I was shocked would be an understatement. I gaped at the purple-haired female standing in front of me, wearing a sweatshirt too big for her and the baggiest sweatpants I have ever seen. It was none other than my fellow '92 liner, Moon Byulyi. I suddenly felt my heart beating uncontrollably at the sight of her which made me frown. The hell?

"Hi," she squeaked nervously, giving me an awkward wave.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. The distant sound of a door closing made me panic and the thought of getting seen prompted me to grab her and pull her inside the room, without giving her the opportunity to answer. When she was inside, I couldn't help myself from sticking my head back outside and looked left and right to make sure that no one saw. Once I saw that there was indeed no one, I closed the door; locking it before turning to Byulyi to give her a piece of my mind on the dangers of meeting like this. But that was before I noticed what she was absently doing. Guilt came over me as I watched her rubbing the wrist that I grabbed. "Did I hurt you?"

My question seemed to bring her out of her stupor and she stopped. She looked at me and shook her head, giving me a smile that I was sure was meant to reassure but only managed to concern me more. It looked like she was grimacing in pain. Maybe it did hurt more than she let on but I decided to let it go. There were more important things to discuss. Like why was she here in the first place.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her again, unconsciously frowning and crossing my arms which in turn made her nervous.

"Um, I... Well, I --". She cleared her throat and tried again, "I texted you that I was coming."

"And I replied that now wasn't a good time. Didn't you read it?"

She shook her head so fervently that I thought she was going to get a whiplash. "You must've sent it when I was on my way here." Biting her lip in embarrassment, she added, "I left my phone in my haste to get here."

Looking at her biting her lip like that brought out an unwelcome memory.

"Why does it have to be you, Jinnie-ah? Why do I like someone like you?"

I cursed, irritated at myself. Now is really not the time, Jin. She fidgeted when she caught sight of my expression and knowing her habits, I knew I was making her nervous. "It's been a while since we last hung out, Seokjin-ah, so I just assumed it was okay. Sorry."