Chapter 4

Sorry, can't help it

Sorry, can't help it. They just look so gorgeous and fatal in black hair. Ugh.

Anyways, on to the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I sort of confessed to him that night."

Silence followed after that, only the sound of breathing can be heard against the quiet room. I felt her move away and I glanced at her to see her looking at me with her eyes large and her mouth opening and closing. She looked disoriented. It was a sight to behold, to be honest; the way she was staring at me, looking like a fish out of the sea. And I stupidly felt proud at how I effortlessly rendered her speechless for the first time.

She blinked once. Twice. Then she shook her head, as if doing so would clear her thoughts. "I'm sorry what?"

Sighing for the nth time today, I repeated, "I said I sort of --"

"No, no, I heard what you said."

"Then why do you keep asking me what?"

She glared at me, "That was a rhetorical question, Moonbyul-ah." She completely scooted away from me and settled herself at the edge of my bed; propping herself on her elbow and looked down at me. "You're not kidding me, are you?"

I frowned at her question. "Why would I kid about something as embarrassing as this?"

"Fine, you're right, but," she fell back on the bed with a huff. "Continue, continue."

I rolled my eyes. "So demanding." I burrowed into the covers and got myself comfortable as I started recalling the one night I wished hadn't happened at all.

~~~~~~~~~~

12 AM, December 24, 2017. My birthday was officially over. Another number was once more inevitably added to my age. Boisterous laughter can be heard from the living room. I was currently in the kitchen, refilling glasses of juice and beer for my guests, chuckling when I distinctly heard Solar's dolphin squeals. Walking out of the kitchen, I can't help but burst out in laughter as I saw what the fuss was all about. Sandeul was sprawled out cold on the floor, back propped on the sofa, with a face full of doodles and nonsensical drawings courtesy of the rest of the '92 liners. He obviously had one too many and the idiots shamelessly searched for my markers so they could make a fool out of him. I carefully hid my markers a while back knowing that the night will somehow end up like this. Well, what good did that do? Hani, Ken and Baro all looked up at me with eyes full of mischief and I suddenly thanked my lucky stars that I have a high tolerance for alcohol or I would always be their victim.