18. Changes...

"Bella? That you?"

I stopped on the way down the stairs when I heard dad's voice.

"Yeah," came Bella's voice from the hall.

I sat down on the stairs to listen.

"I've been thinking. You haven't really spent time with any of your friends except Liana and Jacob. I was just wondering if it would be good for you to have a variety of people your own age to interact with." His voice drifted up to me.

"I see other people," Bella responded. "A group of us are going to watch a movie on Friday."

My eyebrows raised in surprise. I hadn't heard about that.

"Okay, Just checking," Dad said. I could visualize his hands raised and his half shrug as he said it, and I sighed. Sometimes, in my opinion, he gave in too easily with Bella. I thinks that he was hoping so badly that she would be happy and stay that he let a few things slide, but then again she was an adult and he couldn't make her do anything.

"Bye then," the door shut and her truck started.

"No, no, no." I jumped up and dashed down the stairs. I was running late for school and had hoped to catch a ride with Bella, but now I guess I would have to bike.

"Bye Dad! See you later!" I ran out the door and hopped on my bike. I ended up being only five minutes late for school.

That day after school I stopped by Emily's house to say hi. She was there alone so I stayed and helped her for a bit. Apparently Sam had the pack patrolling all the time as there was some vampire activity in the area and Emily was glad for the company.

My phone rang, interrupting our conversation and I hastily picked up after apologizing.

"Hey Ana. Bella said that a group is going to watch a movie on Friday and asked if Quil and I would like to go. Quil and Nina are going to visit their cousins on the Makkah reserve that weekend so they can't come. Will you go with me? It could be like a group date thing," Jacob asked.

"Sure! I'd love to." I smiled. We hadn't had a date in a while and it would be nice to have one even if it were a group date. "What movie are we watching?"

"Uhh, I think it's called Face Punch?" He answered.

"Ahh, an action or horror movie?"  My nose crinkled. I disliked horror movies, mostly because I didn't see any point in them. Dad agreed with me, that there are too many horrible things in the world without making movies about them.

"Bella chose it." He said. I could hear the shrug in his voice.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course." Probably part of her danger rebellion streak that she was on.
"Well, see you later then."

"Yup, see you. I miss you."

"Goodbye silly boy." I laughed and hung up.

On Friday Bella unsurprisingly left without me and then Jacob arrived to pick me up.

"I've missed you," he said hugging me. His arms wrapped around me strongly and he almost picked me up.

I shook my head but couldn't help grinning. "You just saw me yesterday."

"You know what I mean," he said as we got in the Rabbit.

I did know what he meant. Bella has been with us constantly and we had had barely any time to be just us all month.

We arrived in Port Angeles just before seven which was when the movie started.

Bella was there and a pale faced, slightly chubby looking, and obviously besotted Mike Newton was standing beside her.