11. An imprint

One day I biked over to Emily's house to have a break from seeing Bella in her zombie like mode. Emily was in the process mixing up a cake when I arrived.

I knocked on the door to let her know it was me. According to Emily, none of the three pack members knocked. Ever. So it was a bit of a joke for me to knock but I did it anyway.

"Hi Liana," Emily greeted me. She was dressed in jeans, a pink hoodie, and a red apron.

"Hey Emily," I replied, sitting down at the table. "Need any help?"

"No, thank you. I just need to put this cake in the oven," She said, doing just that. When she was done she sat across from me. "So how's it going with you?"

I grimaced. "Terrible. Bella is still depressed and not responding and is still keeping us awake at night. I can't stand it!"

Emily shook her head. "It's been months. A guy who breaks up with a girl like that isn't worth it, whether he is a human or not."

I nodded. "She only ever leaves the house to go to school, and even there she is a walking ghost. She sits alone and looks like she is almost dead, she ignores her friends, and barely does school. The worst part about it is what it's doing to Dad. He missed her so much and ever since she moved here she has been all over the Cullens. And now she won't let go of them. I don't think she realizes how much Dad cares for her."

"I'm glad they're gone." Emily confided. "It freaked me out to know that they were living so close. Even if they don't hurt people."

Laughed sounded from outside and then Paul and Jared barged in. Well Paul barged in and dragged Jared with him, bringing in a puddle of muddy water. For once they were wearing shirts.

"Hey!" Emily exclaimed. "What have I told you about wiping your feet?"

Paul grinned cheekily. "To do it?"

They reluctantly wiped their feet on an old towel by the door and then flopped down at the table, their large forms taking up a comical amount of space. Jared had a dazed look on his face, all dreamy eyes and silly grins.

"What's up with him?" I asked Paul.

He laughed loudly. "He just imprinted. I had to drag him away because she started looking at us funny. We don't need anyone else thinking that we are a crazy group of creepy stalkers."

"Oh, Jared. That's so nice. What's her name?" Emily exclaimed, leaning forward.

"I don't know. She's who I sit next to in class." He replied. "But she is perfect."

He continued to stare off into space and Paul began laughing again. I smacked his arm lightly, knowing that he wouldn't feel it. "Don't laugh at him! Someday it will be your turn. And then we can laugh."

He just snickered, but then turned to me. "My love, you know I will always be yours."

I rolled my eyes. He never knew when to stop, and if I admitted it to myself, I found his flirting attempts rather hilarious. "And I, yours... in your dreams."

He clutched my hands in his. "You wound me! But I will win you."

I pulled my hands away and patted his arm sympathetically. "You keep trying."