39. The Wedding

The morning of the wedding was pleasant, but the day was overcast, as planned, since there would be humans in the audience.

I was dressed in my deep purple dress for the wedding and thankfully it still fit as I had gained a couple pounds over the summer because of my foot. It was a knee length tea type dress that was solid fabric in a strapless design, but then there was an overlay of dark purple lace, which made up the sleeves and covered the whole dress.

It was currently twelve, and the wedding was scheduled for one. I had been up since six just to get ready, and now I had nothing to do for a short time. Bella was getting ready with the female Cullens and Mom, which I had already taken pictures of.

I was supposed to do pictures of everything, but there was one set that I refused to do. So Alice made Jasper take the pictures of Edward as he got ready.

People started arriving and I got into place. I was to take pictures of the guests sitting down and so began to do so. Jacob, Billy, Sue, and Seth showed up at quarter to one and I snapped a picture of them after saying hi. Jacob then stayed my side until the wedding ceremony started, only five minutes late.

The ceremony was over fast. I carefully took pictures of everything Alice asked, and the time went by in a blur. In between pictures I actually observed what was going on.

Bella's human friends were present, some looking jealous, some happy, and some bland.

Then there were the Cullens 'relatives', who were sitting looking like deadly ice sculptures. Beautiful yes, but cold and untouchable.

There were Jacob and the others, looking a little uncomfortable with the situation but not angry.

Then there were the families. The Cullens were all smiling, even Rosalie had a small smile. Mom was beaming and dabbing her eyes the entire time while Dad was looking gruff and trying to blink back tears while also smiling. He had had a strange expression on his face while walking Bella down the isle. It was one I couldn't quite place.

There was me, sneaking around on my still casted ankle, taking pictures. I still didn't know what Alice was thinking.

And then there was the happy couple. And I do mean happy. For the entire time that I had known who Edward was, I had maybe seen him smile twice. But now, he was full on beaming. He was staring at Bella with a tender gaze that made me realize that he might just actually love Bella. And Bella, well, she was staring up at Edward with an expression that made her seem like she was melting. A little disgusting if you ask me, but they didn't, so I kept my thoughts to myself.

And then, the ceremony was over. We spent an hour or so taking pictures in groups, and then the newlyweds by themselves. If I was in any pictures I would get Seth or Jacob to push the button for me after framing it right. After that, the reception began, which meant that I only had to take pictures occasionally.

Awkward speeches were given, food was eaten, and then music was put on for dancing. I danced a few with Jacob, and we had gotten better since our school dance more than a year ago. It was hard though, because I was still limping a bit.

Then we sent off Bella and Edward, and as I watched, I had a sinking feeling that I would never see her again. And if I did, she wouldn't be the same.

And so, the general hubbub died down, and I found myself dancing slowly with Dad.

"I, Dad, well, I guess it's just you and me again. Like it always was." I said slowly.

Dad nodded. "These years with you have made my life so much better. I love you, baby girl. You and your sister mean more to me than anything in this world."