38. Last Days

Since Bella had chosen such a close wedding date from when they had gotten engaged, everyone was busy planning. Or rather, Alice was busy planning and that made everyone else busy.

I would have happily stayed out of the whole affair, but Alice told me that I had to be in the wedding. Edward was only having his brothers as groomsmen, so obviously Bella chose Alice and Rosalie to be her bridesmaids. I didn't know how I fit into the wedding, but Alice was persistent.

Apparently I was going to take the pictures, but instead of letting me just show up and take them at the time of the wedding, Alice made me come and use her camera, try out different angles, different lightings, etc. etc.

Probably the most annoying thing about being dragged to the Cullens, was the fact that absolutely everyone complained about the way I smelled.

Tuesday morning:

"Liana, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you smell terrible." Esme grimaced softly

Tuesday evening:

"I can't hug you until you shower." Jacob said, clenching his jaw.

Friday afternoon:

"The wet dog smell is overpowering." Rosalie coughed.

Saturday morning:

"Who fell into a perfume shop and rolled around? It hurts my nose." Embry complained loudly

Wednesday:

"Uggh! Oh, sorry." Emmet quickly apologized.

Wednesday evening:

"You-"

"Stink! I know! I'm going to shower." I huffed and marched by Jacob before he could finish his sentence. It getting ridiculous. Every time one or the other commented about the smell.

Jacob followed after me for a couple steps. "No, you don't. But I can smell leech and it isn't appealing. I'm sorry if I mention it to much."

I just shook my head and took a shower.

The one thing that I didn't mind about the whole debacle, was that I actually became friends with Rosalie.

She wasn't cold towards Bella, but she wasn't friendly to her either. Because we both had about the same attitude about the wedding, we got along quite well. But our increasing friendship wasn't enough to make me want to go over to the Cullens house. They as a whole still made me uncomfortable.

Dad thought Alice was absolutely wonderful and did about anything she asked. He wouldn't admit it but I could tell that he liked the excitement.

The most amusing thing about the wedding planning was that for all my reluctance to have anything to do with the wedding, I seemed to be enjoying the process more than Bella. I didn't mind the idea of what was going on, it was just the fact that it was my sister that was going to marry a really old, sort of dead guy and become like him. That kind of put a damper on my excitement.

Something I found a little sad was that Bella didn't want to invite any of her old friends from Arizona or any of our relatives. Mom was an only child, but Dad had an older sister with two kids, Colton and Cara. Colton was about nine years older than me and Cara who had a different dad, was about five years older. I hadn't seen them in about two years, but I sometimes kept up with Cara.

When we younger Colton was like the cool older brother I had never had. Now, Sam sort of filled that spot. Colton went and joined the military a few years back, which was the biggest reason I hadn't seen him. Cara and her mom, Aunt Lorrie, visited us a while back, but since they live in Minnesota it's difficult to see each other often.