Chapter 7

"Can you please grab the meat for me?" I asked Mikel seeing as he was closer to it than I was.

We were in the local grocery store getting the things I needed for lunch tomorrow. To my surprise Mikel was being very helpful. He didn't complain like Andrew or Caleb would and it wasn't as akward as I thought it would be.

"What are you going to cook?" He spoke saying something other than yes or no for the first time since we left the house. "I've been trying to figure it out on my own but I thought it would be easier if I just asked you" he informed me when he noticed my confusion.

"Oh well it's a old recipe my grandmother thought me, I can't really remember the name though" I informed him and he nodded pushing the trolley down the aisle.

"Was she the one that taught you how to cook?" He inquired but I shook my head.

"No not really, she taught me how to bake but I learned how to cook from our... the woman that basically raised me while I was growing up." I corrected myself almost saying something I shouldn't have.

Mikel hummed his reply to me as he followed me to the check out queue.

"I thought you were going to say your mother taught you how to cook" He explained placing his forearms on the handle of the trolley as we waited in line.

I snorted at the idea of my mother  in the kitchen doing actual work. "No, my mother doesn't know how to boil eggs" I replied.

I felt the resentment and anger I held towards my mother and father bubble up, all these memories I tride to forget flooded in and I really didn't want this. I just wanted to have a good day with Drew and Caleb.

"She can't cook..." Mikel questioned but I didn't want to answer his questions about my family anymore. It was starting to piss me off and we agreed to try and start over so I can't fight with him right now.

"We are next I" I spoke up cutting him off as I walked to the lady above checkout 9. I gave her a small smile as I started to unpack the groceries on the smooth metal surface.

***

"Okay we have this one" I smiled looking over at Jason sitting on the sofa in front of me. We've been drinking non stop since we started playing but if we got this right than it was going to be Drew and Kate that would be drinking this round.

I looked at the card one last time reading the what I needed to explain to Jason 'Valentine's day'. "Okay, this is a day where guys go out and buy girls all sorts of flowers and chocolates" I explained focusing on not slurring my words.

"Uhm... a anniversary" Jason blurred out. I shook my head exasperated anyone would have gotten that, wouldn't they? I mean it's obviously valentines day or maybe the alcohol in his system was just making it harder to think.

"All the grocery stores and restaurants blow up these annoying pink balloons and there's big teddy bears all over" I could see he still had nothing so I continued to explain but all I really wanted to do was flip the table and tell 'it's fucking Valentine's day. " it's suppose to be the day of love It's celebrate on the 14 of February" I exclaimed giving up.

"Times up" "Valentine's day" both Andrew and Jason said at the same time and I groaned loudly annoyed at Jason.

"Why didn't you give the date first?" He murmured when I say down next to him.

"Since Jason and Anna were the ones with the lowest score this round" Andrew continued a grin plastered all over his face "They have to drink two shots each" he finished and I groaned again, I am so tired of this someone just kill me now please!

I picked up the small shot glass from the wooden table and stared down at the clear liquid. I heard Caleb laugh before he started cheering "jug, jug jug" as if we were at some high school party I rolled my eyes at his tactics before gulping both glasses of the clear liquid down my throat.

I coughed at the fire I felt break out in my chest. I grabbed a slice of lime on the table hoping that it would help but it didn't. The fire travled from my lungs finally settling in my stomach.

I was done for it. If me and Jason didn't start winning I'm afraid I wasn't going to be able to make it trough the night.

I felt a hand rubing in a circular motion on my lower back and I stiffened slightly looking over at Mikel who was sitting on my right.

He came closer tilting his head down a little so he could speak without the others hearing him. "You should stop, I can see your not okay"  goosebumps broke out on my neck and down my back as he whispered, trying to keep the base out of his voice. His breath brushed against my skin, the smell of gin and lemon invading my senses and I amreminding me of how close he really is.

My skin burned where he's hand was now resting at my lower back. I needed to compose myself, it isn't right for this man to have such a effect on me. I stiffelled a moan when he put his right  hand on my thigh squeezing it softly as to try and get my attention.

"I'm okay" I assured him making sure my voice was stripped of any kind of emotion. I shifted on the sofa so I could put some distance between us but there wasn't much space to do that but I had to put some distance between us. I had no other option but to lean into Jason which made him look down at me.

When Mikel saw this he dropped his hands from my body and leaned back into the sofa.

"Are you cold?" He asked giving me a kind smile and I nodded lying to him but I needed to not be so close to Mikel right now.

He took his jacket which he had left laying on the sofa earlier and draped it over my shoulders. I smiled giving him a thanking him but I couldn't help feeling just a little guilty.