Chapters 4

A few days have gone by since the incident outside of the club and Mikel and I are still not speaking. Ive mostly been staying in my room reading and studying in the library when im done with class, minimizing the time I spent at home.

I admit that I might have overreacted just a little but its too late now so its best I just leave everything as is.

"Anna! wait up" I heard someone yell from behind me and I stopped to see who it is.

I saw Jason slowly making his way towards me His blond hair was slicked back, drawing all the attention towards his face. He's one of Caleb's friends and I remember talking to him at the club on Saturday.

"Hey anna" he smiled, flashing me his set of purely white teeth that made him look like one of those models for a toothpaste commercials.

"Hey Jason, whats up?" I asked returning his smile with one of my own.

"Uhmm Nothing really. I just wanted to make sure that you're okay. You left so suddenly on saturday" he pointed out.

"Yeah, I just wasn't feeling it" I lied through my teeth.

"I know what you mean the music is always too loud and there is never enough room move around" I smiled at him not knowing what else to do.

"Are you done for the day?" He asked looking down at the books in my hand I nodded at him "yeah, but I'm heading to the library right now"

"Really, You have that much work already?" He questioned his brows furrowing.

I smiled at his expression "No, not yet I just agreed to meet up with the boys there, they said they would be in class until 4 today" I added

A long awkward pause fell over the conversation. Jason looked down at his feet making me feel even more out of place. Should I just leave and start walking to the library I wandered to myself.

This is the longest we have talked to each other since Caleb first introduced Andrew and I to him. Its strange, I don't know what to do or say now.

I watched Jason as his broad shoulders physically tensed up in front of me. Its clear he wanted to say something but he just moved his weight from one foot to the other. I stood there silently wandering what was making him so nervous

"Okay Anna, well I don't want to keep you but I was wandering" he muttered in a small voice his ocean blue eyes focusing in on my face as he carefully thought out what his next words would be.

He gripped on the black laptop bag that hung from his left shoulder as if it would give him courage to say what he needed to. "Would you like to go for coffee tomorrow?" he finished and I couldn't help the sheepish smile that spread across my face.

I didn't want to make him anymore self conscious than he already was but I couldn't help it. Last time a guy was this nervous to ask me out was in high school.

"We don't have to make it tomorrow really you could just tell me when you're free and than we can go..." he rambled on looking at anything but me "...and it doesn't need to be coffee necessarily if you don't like coffee you could get tea, you know if thats what you prefer we could go for lunch if you don't..."

"Jason!" I called out his name trying to get him to stop him from rambling. He regarded me nervously. I smiled hoping that it would calm him down in turn. "How about this, I'll put my number in your phone and when I'm free I'll just let you know"

He beamed at me the shy timid guy disappearing in seconds. "That sounds great actually" he nodded grinning at me with what I could only assume to be pride... or maybe something else.

He shoved his hand in the right pocket of his denim hoodie which had a off blue color to it, as if it had been washed too many times. After a few minutes of scrambling through through the front pockets and the ones inside of the hoodie pulled out his white iPhone.

Touching the screen and sliding around on it a few times he turned it around handing it to me. I made quick work of typing out my number on the screen and saved it under Anna Wallace before handing it back to him.

"Here you go, text me later okay" I smiled at him before making my way to the campus library. 

The walk to the library was fairly  short from where I stood with Jason and within no time I found myself in front of the old building. I walked passed the two pillars making my way to the light brown wooden doors, they looked aged and had minimal detail but it was still my favorite building on campus, I thought pushing one door open and quietly making my way through the entrance heading to a quiet part of the library.

The library has the best wifi connection on campus and although I don't have any assignments yet, it doesn't mean I can't aimlessly get lost on the internet while I wait for them.

I pulled out a chair at one of the empty tables near a window and pulled out the Samsung I got from Drew and Caleb as a Christmas gift. I opened my browser and read through today's news.

I was reading a article on global warming when one of the pop ups caught my attention. It read 'SWE on its way to becoming the biggest shipping company in southern hemisphere' I starred at my screen for a moment my brain unable to do anything except repeat those words. SWE... SWE... its been so long since I've heard that name... SWE I heard myself whisper.

The once quite room became consumed with my thoughts and suddenly the library felt too small for me.

I need to get out and I need to do it now. I pushed my self off the chair and grabed my bag from the browm wooden floors trying to get to the door. I only noticed how ragard my breathing had gotten when I reached the librarians desk, but luckily she wasn't there which was a good thing because I don't think I could answer the old ladies questions right now.

My body became heavier with each step I took but I had to keep going. All I need to do is get outside, get fresh air than I'd be okay. I saw the front door being pushed back and I wanted to yell. You have such great timing! To who ever was opening the door.

That was until I saw who it was and almost stopped dead in my tracks. He met my gaze and his blank stare immediately turned to worry. He opened his mouth to say something but all I could hear was my ragged breathing.

I was hyperventilating by now and no one cloud stop me from going outside. My vision started to blur and I knew I wouldn't make it out.

My knees gave in under me and I mentally swore my body for failing me twice in front of the same man.