Our eyes lock and we both freeze. We don't snap out of our trance until the elevator door starts to close. Bucky quickly rushes into the elevator before the doors shut.

"hi." he nods glancing at me then back to the doors.

"hi." I nod back awkwardly.

He opens his mouth as if to say something else but the elevator doors open and we've arrived at the rooftop.

He just nods once more and walks into the crowd.

I sigh and walk in the opposite direction towards the open bar.

I order a drink from the open bar and down it quickly.

"Woah there mystery lady, you okay?" I look to the side and see Peter, the kid that distracted me when I got caught.

"Hey Kid, I'm fine. Just nursing a sad heart." I sighed leaning against the railing.

"Yeah, me too." he took a sip of his drink.

I raised an eyebrow intrigued.

"its cranberry juice," he said. "Also, my crush moved away."

"I'm sorry kid." I tapped my glass with his. "To sad hearts."

"To sad hearts." he repeated.

We both took a sip before Peter spoke up again. "He's just worried you know."

I furrowed my brows.

"Mr. Barnes." he nods towards where Bucky is standing across the crowd by the DJ. "He's worried he won't be enough for you. He remembers that you're his soulmate but he's worried that if you get too close maybe you'll realize there's more to life than just him."

"How do you know all this?" I asked.

"I have a sense for stuff." he shrugged.

"really?" I asked.

"yeah, but also he told me himself while we were training. Well, he mostly was ranting out loud while he hit the punching bag." he shrugged.

I smiled softly. "you're kinda cool, you know that?"

He grinned. "Thank you, Miss Ward."

I was about to correct him when I heard a familiar song start to play. I can't exactly place the song but it sounds very familiar.

Bucky who was across the room was suddenly beside me. "May I have this dance?" He extended a hand and I nodded as I seemed to have gone speechless. I took his hand as he led me toward the middle of the dance floor.

"I know this song." I finally said as I looked up at him.

"Yes, you do." He held me close as we swayed to the music. "It's our song."

"our song?" I asked.

"I figure I'd give it one last shot to try to bring back your memories." He said.

I sighed. "Bucky-"

"I'm done wasting time. " he blurted out. "I lost you decades ago and I'll be damned if I lose you again just because I'm being stubborn. I don't care if you never get your memories back. I can remember for the both of us. I just know I want to be with you."

My eyes watered, "finally." I leaned up and kissed him as if my life depended on it.