||TWENTY - JAIL||

Start from the beginning

"We can bring the Southside back." Tallboy laughed. "You've been here all five minutes."

"Tallboy, I am sick of you acting like a little bitch," Jughead snapped, and I put my hand over my mouth the stifle a laugh. "whispering behind my back that I'm half a Serpent, or that I don't belong here. Why don't we put it to a vote? If you guys think what I'm doing is wrong, I'll step aside."

"All those who stand with Jughead, and think Tallboy should shut the hell up?" Toni asked the bar. She raised her hand, along with me, Sweet Pea, Fangs and a whole lot of other Serpents.

I smirked at Tallboy, and he retreated back to his seat. I walked over to where Sweet Pea was standing, and I wrapped my arm around his waist.

"Do you want me to come with you tomorrow?" Sweet Pea asked me.

"I think I'll be fine." I responded, and kissed his lips.

-----

We stood outside Shankshaw Prison, where they let their prisoners out. Jughead had brought along Alice and Betty for the reunion, but I couldn't care less, I was just excited to see my Dad without glass between us.

We saw an officer escort him out, and up to the gate. He smiled as he saw us waiting there. He came out, and hugged me and Jughead tightly.

"I missed you, Dad." I said.

"I missed you too, kiddo." He replied, he then looked over at Betty and Alice. "Hey, Betty."

"Hi, Mr. Jones." Betty responded.

"Alice?" Dad said, walking over to the car.

"Is it true what they say about men who have just been released from prison, FP?" She asked.

"What do they say?" Dad asked, confused.

"That they're incredibly sexually frustrated." Alice answered.

"Mom. What?" Betty said.

"Wow." Jughead and I said at the same time, scoffing. We began to climb in the car.

"Right, Jug. You're in the middle." I said, shoving him forward.

"No, I'm older." He argued back.

"But, you want to sit with your girlfriend." I said, and pushed him in the car. I then climbed in beside him.

"Arguing, as always." Dad commented. We all strapped in, and Alice drove us to Pop's.

We sat at a booth, eating our food, and drinking our milkshakes.

"The Black Hood is targeting sinners, so I'd watch my back if I were you, FP." Alice commented. I rolled my eyes at her. "Especially once you rejoin that gang of hoodlums."

"Which you were once a part of Alice." I pointed out. "And, the Serpents aren't 'hoodlums'"

"I'm not going back to the Serpents, Alice." Dad said. I looked at my dad. "I thought a lot about this when I was in Shankshaw, and I'm done with Serpent life. It's gonna be one last ride for my kids and I, but it's too much of a slippery slope for me."

"The Serpents need you, Dad." Jughead and I said at the same time.

"Jughead needs you, Mr. Jones." Betty said.

"And what, pray tell, will you be doing with all your extra time, FP?" Alice asked.

"Working, Warden Cooper. I saw a 'Help Wanted' sign in the window. Thought I'd talk to Pop about picking up some shifts." Dad answered.

"Well, let's hope your plans don't come crashing down when you start drinking again." Alice responded.

"Actually, I'm in AA. Started in jail, and don't plan on stopping." Dad smiled at Alice's face.

-----

We were dropped off at our trailer, by Alice and Betty, and then they drove away. 

"Do you wanna go on a ride?" Dad asked us.

"Race ya." I responded, and pulled my helmet on.

We rode along the highway, neck and neck, until Dad pulled forward. I revved my engine, and drove in front of him, and I pulled into a spot that looked over the river.

"Losers." I said, as they pulled their helmets off. We sat looking over the river, and then Jug spoke up.

"Things got ugly when you were away." he said. "I asked myself every day what you would do if you were here."

"Has Penny bothered either of you?" Dad asked us. "Figured she's the one who greased my wheels."

"We did a job for her." I admitted.

"What kind of job?" Dad asked.

"It was a one time thing. Figured it best not to ask too many questions." Jughead answered. "We're squared away, for good." Lies. All lies. But, we couldn't tell Dad.

"You know, when I was sixteen, my old man kicked me out, and told me to go to hell." Dad responded. "Instead, I joined the Serpents. And then the Army, and then back again. I don't want that life for you, either of you. I want you two to go to college, get out of this godforsaken town."

"I ran the gauntlet. I fought with the Serpents, and for them. I have to stay." Jughead said. Dad looked at me.

"I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon, they need me to survive." I said, making Jug and Dad laugh.

"I wanna stay. But I need your blessing." Jughead continued.

"Just promise me you'll keep writing." Dad said.

"I will. I do, every day." Jughead replied. And then there was an awkward silence.

"And, Jay." Dad started, making me look up. "I wanna meet your boyfriend." I don't think that'll go well.

"You have." I responded.

"As your friend, not your boyfriend." Dad said. I sighed.

"Really?" I asked, sighing. Dad nodded. "You know, I really hate you sometimes."