||NINE - LENIENCY||

Jayda's POV

"Let's talk about the damn deal." Dad said angrily to his terrible lawyer.

"First, to review the charges you're facing, arson, destruction of evidence, making a false confession, obstucting justice, not to mention this whole nasty mess of dumping a dead kid in the river." the lawyer began.

"He knows what he did." I snapped, slamming my fists on the table. "What's the deal?"

"What are they offering?" Dad added.

"You're gonna want to take it." the lawyer answered, pushing the files to the other side of the table. "I've been doing this a long time. It's a strong deal."

"How many... damn... years?" Jughead said, looking the lawyer in the eye.

"Twenty." the lawyer stated. "If you don't take the deal, and the case goes to trial, he could potentially be facing forty."

I slammed my fist on the wall. "That's bullshit." I spat.

"Language." Dad said.

"You focus on getting out of prison sooner rather than later." I snapped at my father. I stormed out of the room.

I got on my bike, and drove to the Whyte Wyrm, hoping to take my mind off this with some drinks, and hanging out with my friends.

"Jay, are you okay?" Sweet Pea asked, as he watched me take a shot.

"I'm fine." I snapped. 

"You don't look fine." He replied. He put his hand on my arm. "Please, tell me."

"I said, I'm fine." I said, pushing him away. He looked upset.

"No, you need to tell me." he replied, and he caressed my cheek.

"Okay, I will. But, not here." I said. We went outside the bar, and into the parking lot.

"So, what is it?" Sweet Pea asked me, generally concerned.

"My dad. If he takes the deal, he'll get twenty years." I felt tears start to streak down my face. "If he doesn't take it, and it goes to trial, he could be facing forty."

Sweet Pea pulled me into a hug. "It's going to be okay." he soothed. He stroked my hair, and kissed the top of my head.

Then, it hit me. I love him. I love how he's acting right now, how he's comforting me. I love every part about him.

I pulled away from the hug. "You okay?" he asked. 

"I love you, Sweet Pea." I said, looking up at him. He smiled.

"I love you too, Jayda." he replied. I pulled him towards me, and kissed him with passion.

-----

The next day, I woke up in my own bed for once. Jughead had already left for school I assume, so I had breakfast before getting changed. I put on a plain black crop top, black jeans with rips at the knees, black combat boots, a beanie, and my Serpent jacket.

 I put on a plain black crop top, black jeans with rips at the knees, black combat boots, a beanie, and my Serpent jacket