Chapter 18

I don't know how long Alex and I held each other for, just standing there in each others embrace. It seemed as though everyone in the room faded as we stood in each other's warmth, blocking out the rest of the world.

Alex was holding so tightly onto my torso that it ached from the bruising that still patterned my skin, but I wasn't about to tell him to let go. I inhaled Alex's cologne and the scent was intoxicating in the best way. It had been too long too long since Alex has held me close.

I didn't want to return to reality, but the sound of my father brought me back. Alex slowly released me as I heard my father trying to get my attention. He slowly pulled away, but kept a grip onto my waist only granting me so much freedom from him.

Our eyes continued to gaze towards each other and I felt the tears start to dry on my face. Just as Alex brings his thumb up to my cheek and wipes away the last of my tears running down.

I finally tear my gaze away form Alex and see my father to my side I turn to give my father a hug, but Alex's grip on my waist is still tight. I bring my attention back to him and give him a reaffirming smile, but he doesn't let go.

I chuckle, "Alex, I'm not going anywhere." He hold on for a couple moments longer, but eventually, reluctantly lets me go and I turn and wrap my hands around my dad.

"Mia Figlia, I was so worried about you." (My daughter,) I look up to my father and smiled lightly.

"Non ti preoccupare padre, non ho ancora finito di dare fastidio a tutti." (don't worry father I am not done annoying everyone yet).

My father chuckles and gives me one last squeeze. I turn back to my mother and see her crying at the sight of my father and I.

I make my way over to her again and give her another squeeze. She sniffles into my shoulder and holds tight onto me. "Layla, non spaventarci man put cosi" (Layla, don't ever scare us like that again.)

I chuckle hearing my mothers beg to me. "Provers la Mia migliore madre" (I will try my best mother.) I tell her as I back away and brush away the tear that escaped my eye. She smiles brightly towards me once more, holding all the love in the world.

"Ora tutti cioche dobbiamo fare e quel figlio di puttana" (Now all we have to do is kill those son of a bitches). I hear Alex's voice come form behind and I spin to face him.

I didn't know that Alex spoke Italian. It's a good thing I never cursed him out in Italian. When I get heated, that is always when my Italian comes out the most prominent. I decide to ignore that new information for now and bring it up to him on a later occasion.

"So what's the plan?" I question while looking at Alex. I see him smile at me in return. I am ready to kill as many of those bastards as we are able to.

The Russians broke the peace treaty when they stepped onto Irish mafia territory and opened fire. We may be in Mexico, but Alex owns property all over. It was just icing on the cake for Alex when they came into our home. That was the last straw and that meant war. Of course they knew this but they didn't really care. Dimitri, had a personal vendetta against Alex, but no one really knew why.

After hours of sitting through the briefing of the attack plan the boys had all concluded their parts and the plan was all set and ready for three days from now. Everyone seemed to be ready for the attack, the next step was to give some last minute training to some of the men that was brought to Mexico with us.

I was eager and ready to kill some Russians. After everyone finished speaking, I turned to Alex and asked, "So when do we leave?"

There was silence as Alex shots daggers in my direction. "You are not going Layla." Alex spoke within emotion or expression as he told me this.