Chapter 8

I slowly start to open my eyes and adjust from my sleepy state. A hard surface is under my head, this isn't what my pillow feels like. I then start to feel a heartbeat pulsing under me and the realization of what happened last night comes to me. 

My cheeks flush crimson as the scene plays in my head. How it felt to have him so close, how rough and yet gentle he was with me, and how tightly he continued to hold me all night.

My thoughts were slowly changing for this man. I went into this arrangement having a preset thinking of what Alex was going to be like.

He has exceeded every expectation I held for him. I shouldn't have judged him so harshly and I hate myself for the fact I even did that. Alex was forced into this situation just as much as I was and yet I take my frustration out on him. He doesn't deserve it.

Alex is no saint, by any sense of the word, but he has proven to me time and time again that he is willing to make this work. He seems to want to try, but after everything I have seen and experienced in this world, my mind is harder to convince.

But I can't shake the warm feeling I get every time I see or think of him. He may not ever be emotionally open to loving me, but I find myself having a certain type of attraction towards him.

It scares me to all get out, but at the end of the day he is my husband and that won't change.

My mind stops as I become aware of what today is. In just a few short hours I will be walking down the aisle. Panic sets in as I think of the repercussions that follow today.

I pick up my phone from the nightstand and see a text from my mother. 'Mia and I will be over in an hour, be ready.'

Luckily for me it was only sent five minutes ago. I slowly get up from the bed, hoping not to wake Alex. He turns in his sleep but keeps his eyes closed.

Quietly sneaking back into my own room, I head into my bathroom and take a nice long shower. Shaving every bit of hair and using my lavender scented body wash to cover every inch of my skin.

Exiting, I grab my bath robe and head back to Alex's bedroom to finally wake his lazy ass up.

Opening his door, still seeing him in his sleep full slumber, I go back to my undone side of the bed and grab a pillow. Stepping back a few feet for a good angle, I chuck the pillow at his head as hard as I could.

He groans loudly and slowly starts to open the eyes. Once he has adjusted to the sudden light, he looks over and sees me, then he rolls to the side giving me an evil eye, a warning glare.

I chuckle loudly, "You need to get up sleeping beauty. We have a wedding to get ready for." I start to turn back towards the door to return to my room. But I abruptly stop as I feel a pillow smack the back of my head harshly.

"Oh no you didn't" I turn back around and see Alex leaning up on his shoulder with a wide smirk across his face.

I run towards him on the bed and jump on top of him. Not really sure what I was trying to accomplish as I collided with him. My legs are straddling his waist as I grab another pillow and hit him repeatedly in the face.

My attacks don't last long as he quickly catches my wrist and turns us over. He is now looming overtop of me as his body is pushed against mine. Both of my wrists are being held over top of my head in a grip I am unlikely to get out of.

"Now that is no way to wake up your husband." He says with his devilish grin.

Knowing how perverted his mind is, I decide to lightly tease him. No harm in it really.

"Oh really, and how should I wake you up, honey." I sarcastically reply to him with a wide smile on my face. I slowly rake my leg up his as I grind myself onto him, feeling his morning woody.