17. Outing and Bad News

((Sorry for the wait and I know so many of you want to know what happens next and due to my tablet breaking I have had to use my partners laptop... hopefully you will like this chapter, this chapter is dedicated to the one an only SamUley I hope you like it))

Harry and Severus were now back home at Spinners End for Christmas break, Harry's first ever Christmas with family, not now counting the Weasley family, who he wanted to be friends with but he wasnt sure if they would be as Ron wasn't anymore.

"Hadrian is everything alright, you seem awfully quiet?" asked Severus to his son who was sitting on the sofa looking into the flames of the heath, he only got a sigh back in response.

"Hadrian listen to me son, it's our first Christmas together, I know that you would either spend it at Hogwarts or at the Weasley's but I think it would be a good idea to celebrate it together" said Severus to him and Harry only signed to him but then out of the blue smiled.

"Yes dad!! I can't wait can we see Mrs. and Mr. Weasley as well as the twins?" he asked almost jumping up and down like an excited child.

"Yes we can but I will remind you that we are spending Christmas day together you aren't getting out of that. I shall write to them as well as the Malfoy's to ask when we can come over to celebrate" and with that Severus grabbed some parchment and started writing, once he was done he handed the Malfoy's to his Raven Tyki and the Weasley's to Hedwig and they both flew off.

((I wanted Severus to have a bird that would suit him and I think a raven would be awesome, name comes from D.Grey-Man))

Harry waited with baited breath as he really wanted to go to the Weasley's but with how Ron had been treating him since he got resorted it was hard, he knew he should say something but it was hard, he knew nothing would hurt him his dad would be there, he just didn't want Molly and Arthur knowing what their son had done to him.

An hour later Tyki was back with a note in his mouth from Lucius:

Severus, Hadrian, you are both welcome to come and spend the day with us for the Yule festivites, Narcissa is beside herself wanting to see you both. We will meet on the day after Yule. Regards Lucius Abraxas Malfoy.

"Well we are expected on the following day after Yule so..." said Severus to his son who was now half asleep which made him smile towards him, it was late after all, ten hours on the train for Harry and an awful end of term teachers meeting was not what Severus called fun and so they headed up to bed.

The following day Harry was woken by someone shaking his shoulder quietly telling him that it was time to get up and that breakfast was on the table. Slowly but surely he got up and headed downstairs in a white top with golden snitches on it and dark blue jeans and black trainers.

Once in the kitchen he spotted Severus who was once not in complete black, he had a dark grey top on and black trousers on and dark dragonhide boots, he was sitting at the table drinking his coffee, reading the paper with a plate of pancakes in front of him, Harry sat down and started to each his breakfast.

"I was thinking we could do our Christmas shopping today, get t over and done with, no before the whole Yule rush" said Severus putting down his cup of coffee, Harry only nodded having his mouth full.

"I was thinking London first then Diagon Alley afterwards if we cant find what we are looking for" finished Severus having Harry again nod to him, he wasnt in a talking mood really.

Once they were finished they headed out, down to the bus stop and into town, which by Severus' surprise was huge he hadn't spent much time here as he would always stay in the castle over the smaller holidays and then during the summer he would go off and look for potion ingredients around the world, he never really went into town.