Kabanata 29 - Missing

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Let's postpone our walk today. I have too much on my plate right now. I can't have a leisure time for walk."

Ngumuso ako. This is the only time na magkakaroon siya ng pahinga. He was always locked on his office.

"That won't do, Dale. Let's go. Up! Up!" I clapped twice to let him know I am not backing down.

Just like the other time na aayain ko siya lumabas, he closed his eyes. I can see the annoyance on his face. His lips trembled as if trying not to speak something that might hurt me. This side of him is so cute kaya naman kahit na alam ko na wala siya sa mood para sa paglalakad ay inaaya ko pa din siya. I can't miss this beautiful scene sa harap ko.

I heard Gabriel scoff as if trying to suppress a laughter. Sinamaan siya ng tingin ni Dale kaya naman Gabriel's stoic face was back again.

"Kaeden." Dale called his butler.

"Yes, master."

Sumandal si Dale sa kanyang upuan, still holding the papers on his hand, "Why do I feel like a dog having a walk with its master every time na pupunta si Amaury dito?"

Tumikhim si Kaeden, he took a quick look at me bago sumagot, "This is how the Lady show his affection to you, Master. You have been locked up in your study that's why the Lady has been trying to have a little time with you."

Tumango ako sa sinabi ni Kaeden, I can't help but grin as his annoyance grew wider. I winked at him na lalong kinakunot ng noo niya. How adorable!

"Come on Dale! We will go back as soon as our tea and sweets are finish."

Lumapit ako sakanya, balak siyang hilahin patayo when my eyes caught the letters on the papers. Ginala ko ang mga mata when I saw a newspaper. Sa itaas noon ang malaking printa ng, "WHERE ARE THE MISSING LADIES?"

Napanganga ako sa nabasa ko. The memories I have from the novel has surface again. How could I forget this event! Si Emeline!

"Is Emeline okay? Dale? Gabriel?" Nagpapanic kong tanong sakanila.

On the novel, Emeline was one of the missing ladies. During the Lunar Feast, it is an event dedicated for the common people of the empire. Emeline and her sister have decided to attend the festival. Emeline bait herself for her sister to escape. Though, Emeline was strong because she had train with the knights, she was still a girl. And she wanted to protect the other girls who has been kidnapped kaya naman hindi siya makagalaw ng kakaiba, one wrong action might danger them all. Gabriel would be a step late on rescuing Emeline. The Crown Prince would be the one who will find her and bring her back to safety, because in the novel she was the Crown Princess.

"What about Emeline?" Gabriel asks me back.

Wait. I shouldn't be this hasty. I need to think the correct order of the events na mangyayari sa novel.

"When will the Lunar Feast be held?" Una kong tanong upang malinawan sa mga susunod pang mangyayari.

"Tomorrow."

I took a step back. If bukas pa ang festival, then Emeline is still safe. Tomorrow was the day she will be abducted. Well, I don't know if I should feel relieved that she is still safe, but tomorrow will be in danger. Hay ang gulo!

I heard Gabriel sighed, "Wrong timing nga yata ang Lunar Feast ngayon! Nahahati tuloy ang lahat sa tatlo. Gusto ko sana isuggest na ipagpaliban ang kapistahan ngayong taon para mapag-tuunan ng pansin ang mga importanteng bagay."

"The imperial sector should focus on the war first. The Aristocratic party will be the one to handle the case of missing people." Dale inquired, "Since the Lunar Feast was an event handled by the empress herself, hindi ito magiging sagabal sa ibang gawain."