Birthday Wish (EXO: Chanyeol x Reader) ~Birthday Special~

A/N: Happy Birthday to the wonderful Park Chanyeol! May the future bring you happiness and more success. Saranghaeyo! <3

~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

Today is my best friend Chanyeol's birthday! I've been so excited to see him so I ran to his house and knocked on the door in the most obnoxious fashion possible. When the door opened, Chanyeol stood in the doorway with his usual happy smile.

"You know you can calm down on the knocking.", he says chuckling.

I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Whatever. Happy Birthday!", I exclaim, wrapping Chanyeol in a tight hug.

He discreetly blushes and hugs back with the same way.

"Gomawo (Y/N).", he says.

"Kaja, we need to go meet up with the boys.", I tell him, pulling on his arm.

Chanyeol laughs at my child like action and follows me.

"Arraseo."

~Time Skip~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!"

All of the members of EXO attack Chanyeol in a group hug.

"Gomawo guys!", he exclaims happily.

We all spend the day together celebrating Chanyeol's birthday.

It comes time for cake and for Chanyeol to blow out the candles.

"Make a wish, Chanyeol.", I say with a smile.

He closes his eyes, mentally wishing for something, and blows the candles out.

"So, what'd you wish for just then?", I ask curiously.

"I can't tell you or it won't come true.", he teases, pinching my cheeks.

"Yah! Don't do that!", I yell.

He laughs and says, "Arraseo."

~Time Skip~

When it's over, Chanyeol brings me home. We laugh and talk until we reach my front door.

"So (Y/N), there's been something on my mind for a while.", he says nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"What is it?", I question.

"Well, I wanted to say that, I've liked you for a long time, as more than just my best friend. Will you please be my girlfriend?", Chanyeol asks, looking at his feet anxiously.

I feel overjoyed after he confesses. The truth is, I feel like him too, but I didn't think he'd actually reciprocate the feeling.

"Yes!!", I yell, throwing my arms around him.

"Jinja?", he asks, surprised. He hugs me back though.

"Ne. Chanyeol, to tell you the truth, I like you too.", I say, finally admitting my feelings as well.

He breathes a sigh if relief and pulls away from our hug, only to lean down and kiss me on the cheek.

"See you tomorrow, (Y/N).", he says before walking away from my house.

I stand there, stunned by what just happened.

"Oh, and (Y/N)?", he says stopping and turning around.

"Ne?", I ask.

"It was my birthday wish for you to say yes. I'm glad it did come true."

He then starts heading his way again before you can say anything.

I smile at Chanyeol.

So am I, Chanyeol, so am I.