Mission 11

Lady walked to the top of the tower, deciding she was going to join Dante after all. as she walked she heard a scream from above and saw her father fall to the ground from the sky. She saw he was still alive and pointed her pistol at him. He was mumbling about how he didn't understand how he could fail. He began to crawl away, dragging his blood across the floor.

"What a surprise. Here I was looking for you, and lo and behold, you came to me." The flame in her heart ignited, tears threatening to leak.

"Mary..."

"Don't ever call me that again. My mother was the only one who could say my name.

"wait... please.. do you really want to shoot me? Can you shoot me, your own father?!" Lady gave him a stern look as he began to shout about how he did nothing wrong and how he wanted to be a god. He called Lady's mom miserable, claiming that wasn't so bad. Lady realized he would never truly change. Her father was gone. He asked for her help.

"Mary died a long time ago... My name is Lady. Goodbye father." She said, grabbing the pistol with both hands and emptying the clip into his head, cutting his cry of "No" short. She backed away and fell back, looking at the now dead man. She began to laugh in relief and joy but it quickly turned to remorseful tears, as she now lost her father and mother. She cried happy no one could see her, tears falling from her face. "Here I thought I wasn't gonna cry..."

~~

Dante and Vergil grabbed their respective amulets as they descended, the Force Edge landing in the middle of them. Vergil rolled over and grabbed the sword before Dante could, holding it away from him. Serephina fell down the hole too, standing in between them.

"Move, Serephina! This is between us!" Vergil ordered She shook her head,

"I won't let you murder each other!" She cried, only to be pushed aside. She knew she couldn't fight them, and sighed, just moving to the side. She could feel herself getting weak again.

"Give that to me." Vergil pointed toward Dante's amulet, which he put behind his back.

"No way, you got your own."

"Well, I want yours too.

"What are you gonna do with all that power, huh? No matter how hard you try, you're never gonna be like father." Dante said, only pissing Vergil off. He ran at Dante and tried to cut him, and just as quickly Dante pulled out Rebellion. Both brothers stood at a standstill,  holding the opposing sword away from them. Serephina knew why Vergil wanted power, but couldn't reveal it to anyone... for their safety. "We are the sons of Sparda. Within each of us flows his blood, but more importantly his SOUL!" Dante cried as he threw Vergil back from him, "and now, my soul is saying it wants to stop you!" He yelled again, pointing toward his brother.

"Unfortunately, our souls are at odds brother. I need more power!" Vergil laughed, clenching his fist. Dante sighed, his heart sinking a little at this,

"and we're supposed to be twins..." He knew his mother would be heartbroken to see this,

"Twins... Right." Vergil said, preparing to attack. He had long forgotten his mother as... it was a bitter place for him. They began to fight, slashing at each other with no holding back. Vergil began to send a stream of cuts Dante's way and he ran from all of them, hitting Vergil with the stinger. In his stunned state, Dante began to hack wildly at him, trying to get as many hits as he could before Vergil sent him flying back with a dagger. Vergil ran at Dante, Devil triggering and began to slash back, Dante barely getting out of the hits. He blocked one and began to swing back, going into his own devil form. At one point, Dante activated the Quicksilver and froze time, landing more hits and getting away just in the knick of time. Vergil sent a barrage of slashing toward his little brother and walked forward. Serephina could do nothing, knowing if she got in the way she would likely be killed in the process. The brothers ran at each other, sword fighting to their greatest extent. Dante ducked down and slashed Vergil's gut, and began to slash quickly. Vergil threw Dante back and they began to charge at each other again, growing tired. Vergil dropped to a knee, panting. "Am I... being defeated?" He choked out, unable to believe this. It was very wrong, he could not handle the idea of losing to his little brother.