Mission 8

The tower began to rise higher and higher into the sky, debris falling as this continued to happen. Serephina rose once more, lunging to attack Arkham. She knew she had to stop him, or try to, with everything she had. He seemed to effortlessly dodge all her slashes towards him.

"You're out of touch, angel." He sneered, seeming to use her race as an insult.

"I won't let a monster like you win." She said, panting as she regained her composure to strike again. She summoned the other scythe she carried and ran at Arkham with both, only to receive a kick across the platform. He smiled as the tower finished rising.

~~

Dante, Lady and the girl looked up at the tower,

"Are ya gonna go?" Dante asked Lady, to which she replied

"Yes, I'm going to finish him off." She stated it coldly, having regained all her hatred for her monster of a father.

"Well, you might as well forget it, 'cause you're no match for him," Dante said, remembering that she barely could fight him, and she was probably in the best condition in that fight.

"Regardless, I must go. I had a chance to stop him before, but I couldn't I'm responsible for all this mess." Lady said, ashamed that she let herself be manipulated.

"Responsible? Does it bother you that much?" Dante asked, looking at her surprised and concerned, only to have her snap back at him,

"He's my father! Besides, who else can undo what he's done..." Dante put a hand on his hip, watching as Lady walked away and fired her rocket's knife up into the tower as a grapple. "A demon-like you wouldn't understand." and with that, Lady went zipping up the tower, leaving Dante and the girl alone.

"Father and family, huh?" Dante said, looking toward the hole that ate his brother, "Well I'll go too... But you better hurry if you don't want me to take all the credit!" He shouted as if Lady could still hear him. He then walked his way toward the Beowulf gauntlets Vergil had dropped, picking them up for himself. Then, he turned to the girl, smirking. "So you can talk." He commented, crossing his arms. She looked down and sighed,

"A little..." She sighed, looking up at him, "Is bad, so talk little." She rubbed the back of her head, he shrugged, not minding.

"So are you gonna tell me your name now?" He said as he walked toward the door to leave the room, her following at his side.

"Ivenya..." She finally said as they went up the elevator

"Fancy, so when were you gonna tell me you were a demon princess?" He chuckled, then realizing that she probably couldn't get enough words for that. "Okay, my bad. Forget I asked that... Do you mind if I just call you Ivey?" He turned to her, curiously. She thought about it, trying to figure out how to answer.

"No care?" She said, unsure if those were the right words. Dante could guess what she was saying and nodded. They found themselves going through multiple empty rooms, so he elected to keep conversation.

"Okay, so if you want to warn me of something you say, 'look out' okay?" He turned toward her as she nervously repeated what he said. "Good. Conversation is great when people fight together, so it's important to talk." He knew they made it this far without talking, but he figured he could help better her English. As they walked through the quiet halls, he continued to give her tips and lessons on the ever-vast English language. The tutoring was interrupted though as demons finally appeared, Dante went to had Ivey Agni, but she shook her head and then made some fire fists. He assumed she has probably gotten comfortable enough to use her own abilities instead and took out Rebellion. The fighting began, they both jumped behind the enemies and smashed the gems that kept them alive.