Mission 10

"Well then, let's wrap this crazy party us, shall we?" Dante said to no one in particular as he began to ascend, admitting that this job was almost over. "Gotta clean up the mess father left behind..." He continued to mutter as he went up. Once he entered, he walked down a white platform. Everything was white, surprisingly. It was probably what some people imagined heaven to look like. He kept walking, the rocks moving to make a path for him, and a mirror for him to go through.

He was transported to go on a chess set, filled with chess pieces. He looked around and went after the sorcerors first, trying to kill them before activating the others and it became a bloody chess battle. Really it would seem unfair but given his strength, he walked out just fine. He saw a new one, it was just a disembodied head that charged at him. He dodged it's charge and hit it from the back, causing it to shatter. Another mirror portal appeared through a bright light and Dante jumped in.

After entering the mirror, he came to another pathway. One of the angel-demons was there, but Dante, conserving his energy, ran past it, through a mirror and found himself in some trippy room with multiple mirrors and stairs. There was also walls that held jewels in them, and a wall that had a map of the jewels. It seemed best to start at red, so Dante wandered, trying to find the red one. When he did, he seemed to be teleported back to his fight with the whale hearts. He decided to try out Beowulf on them and punched the hearts. He was stronger now, so this battle went much quicker, especially with the stronger weapons. After that, the red jewel on the wall lit up. He went for the closest one, which was purple. He was taken back to Nevan and... struggled a bit, he didn't fight her all by himself last time. Still, thanks to the strength he acquired, he was able to finish her off quicker, especially with the help of Quicksilver. The next closest one was green, Agni and Rudra-

"Am I just... fighting all you guys again?" He muttered to himself as he dodged the two demons rush. He wondered what would happen if he used them on them and took out the swords. He managed to freeze time once again and slashed them down. They were also a quick kill, but he didn't have the Devil Trigger originally. He then went to blue and fought Cerberus again, now glad that he didn't bring the princess with him. She'd defiantly die. He ran up to the three-headed dog and with the power of fire on his side, he sliced one head clean off. He jumped to the others and did the same, not getting any blood on him because these demons weren't real. Dante proceeded to fight every boss he fought earlier all over again. The horse, Beowulf- After that, a portal suddenly opened and he went through without a second thought because boy, fighting the same enemies again is boring.

~~

Somewhere else in the demon world, Arkham and Serephina fought. Arkham swung the Force edge in her general direction, the wind being so sharp it cut rock. She had to be careful not to get sliced in half. She hid behind one of the rocks, looking over at her damaged wing, panting. The blood was slowing down but she couldn't fly a lot with it. It wasn't looking good as she needed to be quick against him. The power of Sparda seemed to devour him as a loud ray sounded out. Peeking over the side of the cover, she saw a giant cockroach stand where Arkham once stood... She had never seen Sparda before, let alone his demon form. She cursed herself, wishing she could've prevented this... Fighting him in that form, and with her injuries would be no easy feat. Nevertheless, she had to keep going.

~~~

Lady awoke to the sound of boots on tile, she knew it couldn't be Ivenya because she was barefoot and still holding Lady, seemingly asleep herself. She lifted her head slightly to only see the sway of a blue coat walk by... She whispered to herself in confusion... Was he alive...?

~~~

Dante found himself in... what he could only think to describe it as a wasteland. His boots were in the water and- Demons jumped out of the ground. They seemed new and tricky little pricks. They'd dissolve into the ground and then jump back out to stab him. He stalled some of them with bullets and then slashed away while the others did their tricks. This proved to be the best method ad they died within a few minutes. Any cuts Dante received while doing this quickly healed. A mirror appeared again, and he jumped through.