Epilogue

Epilogue

5 years later...

 (Their Christmas Tree---------->)

I came rushing through the front door fearing the wrath of my husband because I was late when he had specifically asked me to be on time tonight, but the holiday traffic from the city was horrendous. No matter what Thomas did or which route he took, we were delayed. I had barely set foot in the foyer when I heard the stampede coming from the front room, clearly the children were on look out duty and saw me when I arrived, but hopefully they didn't see the packages I carried into the house. My three children came toddling towards me screaming, "Daddy, Daddy," On top of their lungs. I quickly threw their last minute presents in the hall closet along with my coat and slammed the door shut just in time to see my six year old son, Jayden helping his three year old twin sisters, Jessica and Jennifer as the unsteady toddlers made their way over to me. I couldn't help but smile at the protective big brother slowing down his own gait to make sure that his little sisters were following him okay. My heart just melted as I scooped up all three of my angels and hugged them. I just held them to my heart.

"Aww...Daddy. I am too big for hugs now. I am a big boy, and hugs are for babies." Jayden wiggled in my arms, but he was ultra careful of his younger sisters.

I set all of them down and I looked down at my big boy as my girls wrapped themselves around my legs. "Really, then how come you hug Papa all the time then, and even Grandma, and Uncle Rafael?"

And quick as a flash Jayden answered, "Because Papa is usually getting ready to give me a treat for being a good boy and Grandma is just Grandma and you are supposed to hug your Grandma, especially when she has cookies, and Uncle Rafael brings me spaghetti with yummy red sauce and gigantic meatballs."

"So, hugs for food over hugging me for my love for you, I am so hurt." I pouted and looked away from him. I was laying the hurt pouty face on real thick when out of the corner of my eye I saw the most beautiful creature that God has ever placed on this Earth. And after five years of marriage, three children, and the general ups and downs many married couples faced, Timothy was standing in the archway of the front room, the Christmas tree  ablaze behind him and he still managed to take my breath away. His long blond hair now reached his waist; it flowed like down his back like a shimmering golden curtain. His skin was flawless, a creamy alabaster hue with his pretty pink lips curled into an amused smile as he watched my antics with our son.

"Okay Daddy, you can still hug me whenever you want." Jayden sighed like it was a long suffering ordeal he was going to have to deal with.

"Why thank you my good Sir, but you are still my big boy. Now you guys go find Grandma so I can say hello to your Papa." I said and all three of them squealed and toddled off towards the kitchen, because finding Grandma usually meant that they were going to cute their way into getting a treat before dinner.

"Hey there Beautiful," I said as I made my way across the marble foyer and I gathered my stiff husband into my arms and tried to kiss those delectable pink lips, but Timothy turned his head to the side and my lips landed on his soft cheek instead. "Please baby, don't be that way. I know I'm late but the traffic was deplorable. I'm sorry I missed the lightening of the tree." I nuzzled him behind the ear, and I felt him shiver before he melted into my arms. Yes, I knew that little spot softened him up for me every time.

"Fine, come look at the tree, the kids wanted a golden theme this year." My little love said as he pulled my into the room and I gaped at the towering tree. Every year there was a color theme to the Christmas decorations, and this year's theme was stunning shades of gold. My baby really outdid himself with decorating our home. The mansion gleamed from pillar to post, and you could just feel the love and the hominess the minute you walked through the door. And I knew that it was all due to the love of my life cuddled here in my arms.